wrong response header for all .aspx pages in asp.net samples

wrong response header for all .aspx pages in asp.net samples

Post by kuna » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 20:04:32

Working on asp.net sample, the Personal Portal. Copied CS
folder and web.config in seperate folder 'test'
from 'Samples\QuickStart\aspplus\samples\portal' along
with portal\cs\bin folder to \test\bin. Replaced all
references to 'QuickStart/aspplus/samples/portal' in all
files in 'test' folder to 'test'. Web shared the 'test'
folder.

Without login, if the 'Change Colors' link on main page is
clicked, instead of loading existing options.aspx page, it
automatically redirects to test\login.aspx (actual
login.aspx is located at test\cs\ not test\). This is true
for all .aspx pages created in the related 'restricted'
folder.

Any ideas what causes all requests to .aspx pages in
the 'restricted' directory to test\login.aspx?

kunal

wrong response header for all .aspx pages in asp.net samples

Post by Kunal Pol » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 04:25:23

got that...
the cs folder also needs to be configured as application in IIS....

Quote:> Working on asp.net sample, the Personal Portal. Copied CS
> folder and web.config in seperate folder 'test'
> from 'Samples\QuickStart\aspplus\samples\portal' along
> with portal\cs\bin folder to \test\bin. Replaced all
> references to 'QuickStart/aspplus/samples/portal' in all
> files in 'test' folder to 'test'. Web shared the 'test'
> folder.

> Without login, if the 'Change Colors' link on main page is
> clicked, instead of loading existing options.aspx page, it
> automatically redirects to test\login.aspx (actual
> login.aspx is located at test\cs\ not test\). This is true
> for all .aspx pages created in the related 'restricted'
> folder.

> Any ideas what causes all requests to .aspx pages in
> the 'restricted' directory to test\login.aspx?

> kunal

1. Debugging ASP in VS.NET pulls up wrong ASP page

When attempting to debug client-side script on a regular ASP page in
Visual Studio .NET 2003 Final Beta the debugger is pulling up the
wrong file.  The cursor is offset to a strange position in the
incorrect file that appears to correspond to the position in the
correct file and attempting to set a break-point in the correct ASP
file that contains the DEBUGGER; statement in the client script causes
a break point to be set in the INCORRECT file.  It's really strange,
like the IDE is having trouble keeping track of all of the currently
open script files.

This only happens on our larger ASP pages that have multiple (15+)
included .JS and .ASP script files.  Smaller, less complex pages debug
just fine.  However, it appears to yield the same strange behavior
whether we use .NET to debug or the regular MS Script Debugger.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Several of us have the exact same problem.  We are using:
- Visual Studio .NET 2003 Final Beta
- Windows XP Pro

Thanks in advance!!!

Jason

2. REQ: 3D vector image of lightpen needed

3. load a ASP.net page inside exiting asp.net page

4. IBM S/390 Book

5. Sample source code for forum or bulletine board page using asp.net

6. Schedule Task on Wake Up

7. ASP.NET localhost quickstart XML sample webexeption error using webrequest.create(URL) samples??

8. Problem with Tcsh-6.04

9. Session Variables problem across ASP(.asp) and ASPX(.aspx) pages

10. how to connect to oracle Database from my ASP.NET (ASPX ) page

11. Calling an ASP.NET Page class without ASPX

12. ASP.NET aspx page and ASynchronous Web Service call

13. ASP.NET aspx page and Asynchronous Web Service call