How can I solve this error?

Post by sln » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 22:45:02

It is invalid to show a modal dialog or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.

I get this error when attempting to access an IFrame from code

What is this, I've looked for the answer in docs, etc and hopefully someone can help.

Thanks
sln

How can I solve this error?

Post by BLiTZWiN » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 23:16:15

"You can access the iframe object's properties, but not
its contents, through the object model of the page where
the iframe object resides."

I assume that means you can't do it. Or MS docs are
wrong. You choose :)

BLiTZWiNG

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>It is invalid to show a modal dialog or form when the

application is not running in UserInteractive mode.
Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly
style to display a notification from a service
application.
Quote:

>I get this error when attempting to access an IFrame
from code

>What is this, I've looked for the answer in docs, etc

and hopefully someone can help.
Quote:

>Thanks
>sln

How can I solve this error?

Post by sln » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 23:27:03

I found the problem.

The question is, How would I present a dialog box, If I wanted to ?

sln

  It is invalid to show a modal dialog or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.

  I get this error when attempting to access an IFrame from code

  What is this, I've looked for the answer in docs, etc and hopefully someone can help.

  Thanks
  sln

How can I solve this error?

Post by Patrick C. Cole ( » Sun, 20 Oct 2002 01:19:55

sln,

I assume you mean a client-side dialog?  Easiest way would be to use an
alert() statement to display information to the user.  If this is not what
you are looking for let me know.

Thanks!

Patrick Cole
Microsoft Developer Support

You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
--------------------

| Subject: Re: How can I solve this error?
| Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:27:03 -0400

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| I found the problem.
| The question is, How would I present a dialog box, If I wanted to ?
| sln

|   It is invalid to show a modal dialog or form when the application is
not running in UserInteractive mode. Specify the ServiceNotification or
DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service
application.
|   I get this error when attempting to access an IFrame from code
|   What is this, I've looked for the answer in docs, etc and hopefully
someone can help.
|   Thanks
|   sln

1. How do I intercept canned data validation messages

I've got an editable data grid bound to a table with unique constraints.

If the user violates the constraint by editing or adding a row, the grid
catches it and give the message:"Error when committing the row to the
original data store" "Column 'code_text' is constrained to be unique. Do you
want to correct the value."

How do I intercept the canned message so I can put up an easier to read
message?

I'd love to add a handler for datarow.EndEdit, but there is none.

2. JetSet Willy 128 now at NVG

3. Need help for solving an Access Denied error for a Web Application

4. ftp.ibp.fr down??

5. an Error of .NET SDK .How can I solve it?

6. Upside Down MS SE tool buttons.

7. How to solve Remote Configuration Error

8. Microcom on the World-Wide Web

9. SOLVED! VS.NET startup page returns automation error

10. A generic error occurred in GDI+ - Solved!

11. how do i solve this error

12. Fwd: Please solve this error

13. can anyone please educate me how to solve this error?