Accessing local ACCESS database from Webform

Accessing local ACCESS database from Webform

Post by John Pric » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 18:51:02

Please help if you can..

I need to write a control that can be hosted by a web page to access an
ACCESS database on the client machine, but display the results in an ASP.NET
web page.

Specifying a drive and directory for the file looks on the server for that
file, not the client.

Any ideas would be most welcome...thank you;.

Accessing local ACCESS database from Webform

Post by Patrick C. Cole ( » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 01:30:19

John,

Please see post in buildingcontrols newsgroup.  Closing duplicate posting.

Patrick Cole
Microsoft Developer Support

You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
--------------------

| Subject: Accessing local ACCESS database from Webform
| Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:51:02 +0100

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
|
| Please help if you can..
|
| I need to write a control that can be hosted by a web page to access an
| ACCESS database on the client machine, but display the results in an
ASP.NET
| web page.
|
| Specifying a drive and directory for the file looks on the server for that
| file, not the client.
|
| Any ideas would be most welcome...thank you;.

1. Can Access 10 access a database that only supports access through an ADO.Net provider?

Believe it or not, I have a database we're trying to use that only supports
access through a ADO.Net provider (no plain old ADO or ODBC drivers).

Is there a way for Access (and more specifically Access Data Pages) to use
this ADO.Net provider?

--
Michael Herman
Parallelspace Corporation

2. NEW OPPORTUNITY

3. WebForm open Access database failed

4. Problems with version 1.5.3

5. Access database running on local machine

6. Mu law

7. Visual Studio 2005 Express versions and other than local SQLExpress or Access databases?

8. Urgent Requirement :- 1)SharePoint Business Analyst ,2)ETL Tester

9. Multi-Access of Local SQL CE Database

10. Accessing local database from .NET application

11. local database access through web server

12. Remote ADO access of an Access database

13. overflow on access database access