MVP WARNING: Spam message links to virus Web page

MVP WARNING: Spam message links to virus Web page

Post by Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP » Mon, 05 Nov 2001 08:16:32

Hi folks,

Please don't respond to this, but be aware that a spam message in the MS
newsgroups could lead you to a virus. We are attempting to have the spam
removed. Here's the report from a fellow MVP:

Subject: WANT WATCH ME LIVE ON MY * FREE?
Subject: 18/F/NY/*/Pics (READ ME!)

The web site to which these messages refer the reader both cause my virus
software to go into action.

1. MVP WARNING: Spam messages link to virus Web page

Hi folks,

Please don't respond to this, but be aware that there are a bunch of spam
messages that are arriving in these MS
newsgroups this afternoon could lead you to a virus. There are several

title RATE ME! or READ ME! in the title. We are attempting to have the spam
removed. Please beware, and make sure your anti-virus protection is
up-to-date.

Here's the report from a fellow MVP:

Subject: WANT WATCH ME LIVE ON MY WEBCAM FREE?
Subject: 18/F/NY/Webcam/Pics (READ ME!)

The web site to which these messages refer the reader both cause my virus
software to go into action.

2. FATAL ERROR

3. Command-line-arguments for VB-EXE ?

4. Virus at Page Warning - 18/F/NY/Webcam/Pics (READ ME!)

5. Can this be purchased? -> (Re: 2 10BaseT connections w/no hub)

6. Builing an SMTP service to check for Virus and Spam

7. please help: "Warning: Page has Expired" message

8. Virus Warning: (17/F/FL) RATE ME!

9. Virus warning

10. Virus Warning