User control (drop-down list) in editable datagrid.

User control (drop-down list) in editable datagrid.

Post by Chris Baile » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 19:05:12

I have a drop down list in a user control. When using it
on a simple insert screen it works fine. If however it is
used in an editable datgrid, I can only extract the first
item from the list instead of the selected one, using the
following code:

Dim temp As ulhDropDownList = e.Item.Cells(1).FindControl
("Site")
Dim txtSite As String = temp.strSelected

See attahched file for full code.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might happen?

Many thanks.

  Edit_User_Horizontal_old.aspx
8K Download

1. Looking For Editable Drop down List Server Control...

Hello All,

I am looking for a .NET drop down list that allows the user to edit the
value data if they choose.  Of coarse they could select from the list if
they want to.

A good example is at www.ycode.com.

I want something just like it written as a .NET server control.  And Free of
coarse.

Thanks...

Direct all replys to:  Mike Riston

2. Lookatit

3. retrive preselected value in second drop down list from the first drop down list

4. import .vcf files

5. Editable drop down lists

6. DecSystem5100/Ultrix4.2: Move OS from one disk to another, how?

7. Passing a value to a user control and selecting an item from a drop down list

8. Trouble with Windows 2000 Professional

9. User control & drop down list

10. Drop-down List Embedded On A Datagrid

11. Drop-Down Columns in Datagrid Control

12. drop-down list in Property Grid

13. XML parsing error: Selecting an item from a HTML drop-down list