LifeTime of webform...

Post by Andre » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:51:21

Hi,

I don't have experience with WebApp and need some help.
I have WebApp and after authentication ("Form") I am creating a Session
cookie and set Timeout for it 120 minutes (or more). But after less than
that time my WebForm asking for re-login. My question is: how I can avoid
re-login  and just keep my WebForm in a Browser for long time till user
close it? Maybe I have to change some IIS settings?

Thank you,

Andrew

LifeTime of webform...

Post by Jonathan Alle » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:08:14

TURN TRACING ON!
This will tell you what is in the cookies and session object.

A WebForm only lasts from the time the users requests the page to the time
the last line of the page is sent to the user.

--
Jonathan Allen

.Net Wish List Site: http://jonathan.cloverlink.com/

Quote:> Hi,

> I don't have experience with WebApp and need some help.
> I have WebApp and after authentication ("Form") I am creating a Session
> cookie and set Timeout for it 120 minutes (or more). But after less than
> that time my WebForm asking for re-login. My question is: how I can avoid
> re-login  and just keep my WebForm in a Browser for long time till user
> close it? Maybe I have to change some IIS settings?

> Thank you,

> Andrew

1. Urgent!!-Webform - How to get ISite for active webform

Hi

I am trying to get ISite for the active web form at design time and site is
null when I execute the following

ISite site= myDTEObject.ActiveWindow.Object as ISite;

I can successfully get IDesignerHost for WinForm by performing similar
operation

IDesignerHost host= myDTEObject.ActiveWindow.Object as IDesignerHost;

What is the correct way of getting the Site property for a web form at
design time?

Thanks!

2. Echo command in batch files

3. Webform within another Webform. Is it possible?

4. Unsheduled Downtime??

5. Webforms inside a webform?

6. Default Cisco 675 Router Password

7. How to Open a webform from another webform

8. Where do I get WebExplorer?

9. Accessing (static) Members of one WebForm from within another Webform

10. WebForm: How to hide all the controls on a WebForm?

11. What does connection lifetime control?

12. Connection pooling with oracle (Connection Lifetime?)

13. HOW a Web Service Proxy can be alive all over a Web application lifetime.