From .aspx files to get .aspx.vb files

Post by yma » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 06:55:57

Hello Friends,

I am using VB.NET in Visual Studio.net to program ASP.NET application.
Somebody has written many .aspx files using Notepad.  The language in these
files is VB.NET.  I need to add and modify these files in my web application.  For example, I need to add buttons and write the VB.net code for the buttons.  When load them in Visual Studio.net, there are no .aspx.vb forms.  Is there a way to generate .aspx.vb forms for them?  Must I modify the html code to modify them?

Thank you very much!!!

Chris Ma

From .aspx files to get .aspx.vb files

Post by dip » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 07:18:46

Chris,

When you add the existing .aspx file to a Visual Studio
project, you can select the option to create the code
behind file. You will however manually have to split the
html code and add the server side logic to code behind
file functions.

- dip

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello Friends,

>I am using VB.NET in Visual Studio.net to program ASP.NET
application.
>Somebody has written many .aspx files using Notepad.  The
language in these
>files is VB.NET.  I need to add and modify these files in

my web application.  For example, I need to add buttons
and write the VB.net code for the buttons.  When load them
in Visual Studio.net, there are no ..aspx.vb forms.  Is
there a way to generate .aspx.vb forms for them?  Must I
modify the html code to modify them?
Quote:

>Thank you very much!!!

>Chris Ma

From .aspx files to get .aspx.vb files

Post by Peter O'Reill » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 07:17:30

You need to retrieve the code-behind files, .aspx.vb files from "Somebody".  In short the aspx file contains "cosmetic stuff" - HTML markup, server tags and possibly some client and server side script.  The code-behind files contain pure VB.NET - the nuts 'n bolts which make your web pages dymanic unlike simple HTML pages.  At the top of each aspx page there should be a code behind attribute which indicated the filename of the .aspx.vb file which is typically located in the same directory as the .aspx file.  You will need this file to recompile the project.
Hope this helps.
--
Peter O'Reilly

P.S.  It is considered good Usenet etiquette to post messages in a plain text format.

From .aspx files to get .aspx.vb files

Post by yma » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 08:28:20

Hi,

It works.  But when I add a button, I cannot move it on the webfrom.  Why is
that?

--
Chris Ma

Hello Friends,

I am using VB.NET in Visual Studio.net to program ASP.NET application.
Somebody has written many .aspx files using Notepad.  The language in these
files is VB.NET.  I need to add and modify these files in my web
application.  For example, I need to add buttons and write the VB.net code
for the buttons.  When load them in Visual Studio.net, there are no .aspx.vb
forms.  Is there a way to generate .aspx.vb forms for them?  Must I modify
the html code to modify them?

Thank you very much!!!

Chris Ma

From .aspx files to get .aspx.vb files

Post by Craig Deelsnyde » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 12:38:18

Usually this is because your code-behind class (.aspx.vb) you declared in
the .aspx file is not 'compiled' or connected to the .aspx file correctly,
so the editor does not recognize you have a webform since it can't find the
code-behind class; sometimes it's not you, sometimes VS.NET has problems
changing code-behind file associations that you modify.

Make sure you are using the correct code-behind classname (namespace) when
you declared it at the top of the .aspx file.
Be sure to compile your solution.
Try closing all files in your VS.NET window.  Then double-click on your
..aspx file and see if it opens like you'd expect, or if you get an error.

If all else fails, try closing VS.NET and reopening.  I've had that help
sometimes when things get out of whack.

--
Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

> Hi,

> It works.  But when I add a button, I cannot move it on the webfrom.  Why
is
> that?

> --
> Chris Ma

> Hello Friends,

> I am using VB.NET in Visual Studio.net to program ASP.NET application.
> Somebody has written many .aspx files using Notepad.  The language in
these
> files is VB.NET.  I need to add and modify these files in my web
> application.  For example, I need to add buttons and write the VB.net code
> for the buttons.  When load them in Visual Studio.net, there are no
..aspx.vb
> forms.  Is there a way to generate .aspx.vb forms for them?  Must I modify
> the html code to modify them?

> Thank you very much!!!

> Chris Ma

1. How can I access to object in codebehind csharp(aspx.cs) file from aspx file?

Hi,

In ASP.NET, I can access to WebForm & HTML server control as a
webform's member object.

Now I want to access in reverse direction. See below pseudo code.

Say, if codebehind C# file goes:

public class testForAspxScriptExecution : System.Web.UI.Page
{
 public DataSet ds;
 {
   //I made a new DataSet object and referred it.
   ds = new DataSet ("free");
   // And I populated ds somehow. The member ds have data inside.
 }

Now, in aspx file I want to access the populated member ds in below
block.

<script language=C# runat=server>
//Access the member ds and use its data somehow.
</script>

I've searched all MSDN and newsgroups stuffs but not successful.

Isn't this possible? Plz help. TIA.

Regards,
 Ryan

2. Lamarckian Evolution

3. Include an aspx file in an aspx file

4. Fujitsu M2651SA harddisk

5. How can I access to object in codebehind csharp(aspx.cs) file from aspx file?

6. Where to buy CD-ROM (Enchanced IDE interface desired)? Any info on Enchanced IDE CD-ROMs required.

7. Calling an .aspx file in one application from an .aspx file in another application

8. new errata for *Algorithms for VLSI Design Automation*

9. Can you make one ASPX file inherit from another ASPX file?

10. include aspx file in another aspx file

11. Including aspx file into another aspx file

12. trying to conver an asp file to aspx file - file write

13. Navigatiing from one aspx to another aspx file