How do I move <@ characters in XML and reformat into HTML, without escape characters?

Post by iestyn allcar » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 19:30:52

Hi there,

I would be most grateful if anyone could help me with this one.

I got an XML/XSL website framework going on with straight converstions using
The microsoft XML parser (version 4.0).

Is there any way that I can mark up the ASP.net , aspx tags with XML so that
they get transported correctly to the HTML pages after conversion with an
XSL stylesheet?

Currently I am having to Doctor all the pages using escape sequences, and
replacing them when the final html is produced with the proper < and >
charaters.

e.g.

gets converted within the XSL stylesheet to:

then I go into the produced (saved) HTML file and replace the &lt; and &gt;
to proper format.

must be a better way!

thanks in advanced

How do I move <@ characters in XML and reformat into HTML, without escape characters?

Post by Stuart Carte » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 20:04:05

Hi,

    I've only read a little on .NET over these past few
days but it seems like you could solve your problem with
some form of Asc(str) function. Instead of using < and >
directly insert the asci function and & or + operators. If
its asp.net then use the response.write to dynamically add
is to the sheet.

Sorry if this is incorrect :)

How do I move <@ characters in XML and reformat into HTML, without escape characters?

Post by Anders Boru » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 20:20:41

Try looking in the MS XML documentation on the instruction:

version="1.0">

    <!-- ## THIS ELEMENT INSTRUCTS THE PARSER TO OUTPUT WELLFORMED HTML -->
    <xsl:output method="html" indent="no"/>
    .. etc.
</xsl:stylesheet>

--