Create PDFs

Post by Phil » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 10:13:32

I am building an ASP.NET web site and I want the website
to dynamically create PDF documents that I can attach to
emails.  Given that my website hosting provider won't have
Crystal Reports or Acrobat installed on their servers, is
there any way that I can accomplish this?  Is there a way
to convert HTML files to PDF?  Is there any other way for
ASP.NET/VB.NET code to create read-only documents?

Thanks in advance

Phil

Create PDFs

Post by Shane Baue » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 10:48:07

You are going to need a third party component installed on the server.

--
Shane Bauer
SourceCode-Central.com - Your ASP.NET Guide

Quote:> I am building an ASP.NET web site and I want the website
> to dynamically create PDF documents that I can attach to
> emails.  Given that my website hosting provider won't have
> Crystal Reports or Acrobat installed on their servers, is
> there any way that I can accomplish this?  Is there a way
> to convert HTML files to PDF?  Is there any other way for
> ASP.NET/VB.NET code to create read-only documents?

> Thanks in advance

> Phil

Create PDFs

Post by Luke Zhang [M » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 11:41:41

Following links should be helpful for you:

http://www.planetpdf.com/

http://www.pdflib.com/

Luke

rights.)

Create PDFs

Post by Michae » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 18:09:24

I use ABCPDF from www.websupergoo.com to generate pdf files.

It is simple, with some limitation, but it works fine for me.

Quote:> I am building an ASP.NET web site and I want the website
> to dynamically create PDF documents that I can attach to
> emails.  Given that my website hosting provider won't have
> Crystal Reports or Acrobat installed on their servers, is
> there any way that I can accomplish this?  Is there a way
> to convert HTML files to PDF?  Is there any other way for
> ASP.NET/VB.NET code to create read-only documents?

> Thanks in advance

> Phil

Create PDFs

Post by Jos Verno » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 19:16:42

Quote:> It is simple, with some limitation, but it works fine for me.

Tell us the limitations and we'll see what we can do to remedy them in
ABCpdf .NET.

Best Wishes

Jos

jos vernon
http://www.websupergoo.com
.NET Image Components & Consultancy

Create PDFs

Post by John » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 22:23:39

Also try PDF-XChange & Tools SDK's

there is an evaluation

http://www.docu-track.com/pdf-tools.htm

best

John

Create PDFs

Post by Frank Re » Sun, 07 Jul 2002 01:49:37

Dear Phil,

You may want to look at www.tallcomponents.com. We sell TallPDF.NET, a 100%
managed .NET component with a very easy, high-level object model. You simply
build a PDF document by adding pargaraphs, tables, images, etc to a
document. You can also generate PDF from XML.

Kind regards,
Frank Rem

Quote:> I am building an ASP.NET web site and I want the website
> to dynamically create PDF documents that I can attach to
> emails.  Given that my website hosting provider won't have
> Crystal Reports or Acrobat installed on their servers, is
> there any way that I can accomplish this?  Is there a way
> to convert HTML files to PDF?  Is there any other way for
> ASP.NET/VB.NET code to create read-only documents?

> Thanks in advance

> Phil

Create PDFs

Post by john farro » Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:28:12

Have a look at www.xmlpdf.com.

We provide a .NET library written in C# which creates PDF files from simple
HTML-like XML.

> You are going to need a third party component installed on the server.

> --
> Shane Bauer
> SourceCode-Central.com - Your ASP.NET Guide
> http://www.sourcecode-central.com

> > I am building an ASP.NET web site and I want the website
> > to dynamically create PDF documents that I can attach to
> > emails.  Given that my website hosting provider won't have
> > Crystal Reports or Acrobat installed on their servers, is
> > there any way that I can accomplish this?  Is there a way
> > to convert HTML files to PDF?  Is there any other way for
> > ASP.NET/VB.NET code to create read-only documents?

> > Thanks in advance

> > Phil

1. Create PDF or image file from Intranet Client Side

I'm creating a universal form document that pulls from a database &
also allows user to enter or change information.
When complete they want to push the print button, automatically save
to a server directory as a PDF or image of the screen they just
entered and print to default printer.

I tried using ABCPDF but this will only allow the server side page to
be saved.  I need the data they entered.

Thanks,

2. Terminology question

3. How to create PDF file using C# asp.net

4. Anyone know what to do with undefined __destroy_global_chain ?

5. how can create PDF & DOC file through XML/XSL

6. Windows Registry Checker problem

7. deployment for crystal reports/create pdf

8. Art and all that Jazz: lately Roger will excuse the teacher, and if Priscilla sadly hates it too, the wrinkle will join outside the urban fire

9. Creating PDF Files from ISAPI DLLs

10. Creating PDF files

11. Create PDF file.

12. Creating a boiler-plate PDF document in ASP.net

13. Create a PDF file "on-the-fly"