Browsing my aspnet-app from a CD?

Post by Henk » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 18:32:32

Hi!
Is it possible to move all my files that has been created in the
wwwroot\myapp folder to a CD and run it from there?
I'd like to be able to type the path e:\myapp\webform1.aspx to start the
web-app directly ftom the CD. Or do I always have to go through localhost?

Thanks in advance!

/Henke

Browsing my aspnet-app from a CD?

Post by Bysz » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 01:13:16

To run, you have to map app somehow in iis.
Try pointing iis vdir to your CD path.

Directly answering: Yes.  You always have to go through localhost...

Bysza

Quote:> Hi!
> Is it possible to move all my files that has been created in the
> wwwroot\myapp folder to a CD and run it from there?
> I'd like to be able to type the path e:\myapp\webform1.aspx to start
the
> web-app directly ftom the CD. Or do I always have to go through
localhost?

> Thanks in advance!

> /Henke

Browsing my aspnet-app from a CD?

Post by Henk » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 04:57:05

Thanks Bysza!
/H

> To run, you have to map app somehow in iis.
> Try pointing iis vdir to your CD path.

> Directly answering: Yes.  You always have to go through localhost...

> Bysza

> > Hi!
> > Is it possible to move all my files that has been created in the
> > wwwroot\myapp folder to a CD and run it from there?
> > I'd like to be able to type the path e:\myapp\webform1.aspx to start
> the
> > web-app directly ftom the CD. Or do I always have to go through
> localhost?

> > Thanks in advance!

> > /Henke

1. write product website on CD and browse offline

Dear Friends

I would like to develop website of product catalog.where administrator
of the website can add/edit/delete/update product image/description/
other info
and can write the website in CD for offline browsing of the website
The client can view the product from CD select the number of product
and can send a mail to the administrator.The also client can view ppt

please please let me know how to start with this application..

2. (noAmiga HW and SW to go

3. UnauthorizedAccessException browsing mapped drives using aspnet.

4. virus

5. Prevent aspnet User to browse directories

6. Spell checking

7. Limiting Web App Access; No Everyone Browse

8. Include SS DB browsing in app

9. Configuration error while building and browsing the Hello world web walkthrough sample app.

10. How can I call my CD Burner from my .NET App.

11. Accessing LAN resources from aspnet app ?

12. Test .net 2 is installed then run app from cd