image upload to webserver

Post by Richard Ker » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 02:41:03

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post to, if not apologies.

I am looking for some example code that runs at the client-side that
will allow a user to upload a particular file format ( in this case an
image (.JPG)) to a web-server directory. (in this case
inetpub/wwwroot/project/images)

This has to be pure ASP.NET code. Basically i'm looking for an image
uploader.. if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be
appreciated.

cheers in advance.

image upload to webserver

Post by Steve Cochra » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:15

Add an HTMLInputFile control to the asp.net page.  Its called File Field in the HTML controls in the toolbox.

steve

> I am not sure if this is the right forum to post to, if not apologies.

> I am looking for some example code that runs at the client-side that
> will allow a user to upload a particular file format ( in this case an
> image (.JPG)) to a web-server directory. (in this case
> inetpub/wwwroot/project/images)

> This has to be pure ASP.NET code. Basically i'm looking for an image
> uploader.. if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be
> appreciated.

> cheers in advance.

image upload to webserver

Post by Richard Ker » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:10:27

Thanks Steve. However, I sort of new to .NET as i'm sure a lot of people
who write to the newsgroups are, so even after I find this control, I
sort of need help on how to use it.. A working example would be good as
well.

anyway, cheers for your input!!!  I'll investigate that.

image upload to webserver

Post by Kevin Spence » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:51:46

The freely downloadable .Net SDK has all the information you need, including
examples:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/net...
ework.asp

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Different Strangs fer Different Thangs.

Quote:> Thanks Steve. However, I sort of new to .NET as i'm sure a lot of people