aspnet_wp.exe taking too much memory

Post by Mathieu Lafontain » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:18:00

Hi!

I'm currently developping a web application using asp.net.  Before starting
the application, aspnet_wp.exe takes about 2.5mb of memory but it doesn't
take long before it reaches 35mb and even after stopping the application, it
still takes 35mb...  What am I doing wrong and what can I do to free some
memory?  Will it get worst when multiple users run the app?  Is it in
aspnet_wp.exe memory usage that session variables are stoked for each user?

Thanks in advance!

aspnet_wp.exe taking too much memory

Post by Stefan Demet » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 23:10:35

goto machine.config/processmodel
and set the percentage

Quote:> Hi!

> I'm currently developping a web application using asp.net.  Before
starting
> the application, aspnet_wp.exe takes about 2.5mb of memory but it doesn't
> take long before it reaches 35mb and even after stopping the application,
it
> still takes 35mb...  What am I doing wrong and what can I do to free some
> memory?  Will it get worst when multiple users run the app?  Is it in
> aspnet_wp.exe memory usage that session variables are stoked for each
user?

> Thanks in advance!

1. aspnet_wp.exe hogs memory on win2k

A runtime error in ASP (Plain ASP ) bought up VS.Net for debugging the ASP
source code. I was unable to modify the code so i closed it  and modified it
in Visual Interdev 6.0.
 However even after closing Visual Studio .NET aspnet_wp was loaded in
momory and was
hogging 24k RAM. Even end task was not possible as it  gave an 'access
denied' error.
As a result my system is chugging barely. any ideas ? is it a bug ?

AOL 6.0 was running alongside. i wouldnt be suprised if it had anything to
do with it

----
 Success is a bastard Every one claims to be its father Failure is an
orphan, No one wants it
Back from Death... To rule the World again ! Hell ! The Spider's Back !!!

2. change screen with dual monitor

3. aspnet_wp.exe Memory Usage

4. BugFix98

5. ASPnet_wp.exe memory usage

6. Report Writing Tools

7. aspnet_wp.exe memory problem

8. ET4000W32 driver and Dell 466/L

9. aspnet_wp.exe memory consumption exceeded

10. ASPNET_WP.EXE and Memory Consumption

11. aspnet_wp.exe memory usage

12. aspnet_wp.exe won't start with more memory