have 5 master TemplateColumns followed by detail datagrid?

have 5 master TemplateColumns followed by detail datagrid?

Post by Les Caudl » Mon, 15 Jul 2002 01:26:15

I can create a master/detail datagrids by having:

1.  a single template column with several asp controls
2. a "<br>"
3. a sub datagrid enclosed in the single template column displaying
many rows

This works quite well.  I can have several "columns" of data followed
by a sub grid.

However, they are not really columns with their own HeaderText values,
right/left justification - they are just bunched together in a single
column.

Is it possible to have a datagrid with 5 actual template columns
(displaying the header) - and then a sub datagrid below (displaying
the detail) starting on the next line.

After the detail rows have been displayed, more of the master rows
would be displayed (but without column headers).

Each datagrid would have column HeaderText values - and look more
formatted  (able to left and right justify columns).

How to do this escapes me!