Project Files Missing

Post by php200 » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 03:53:58

On my fourth day with a company where I am the sole tech writer, I have
inherited a webhelp project  that contains does not an .xpj file or any project
management files - just graphics, htm, js and xml files.

 What are my options? Is there a way to recreate the project files?

 Thanks.

Project Files Missing

Post by php200 » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 04:29:26

Thanks for the link - it may come in handy.

 Oddly enough, when I explained the time and effort it would take to get the
help project going without those files, someone found them. What a relief that
is!

 Thanks again.

Project Files Missing

Post by Peter Graing » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 04:10:07

 Is there also a whdata folder? I am wondering if you are looking at the output
files rather than the source files? If that is the case, look at Rick Stone's
site where he covers how to rebuild a project from the output files.
http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#MonthlyScry/06200...

 Otherwise, are you sure it was created with RoboHelp? Opening any topic in
Notepad should indicate what tool was used to create the files.

 Post back when you have looked at those possibilities.

1. Baggage files images missing in published project

Hi,

 Here is my problem : when I publish my FlashHelp SSL on our web site, the
images called by my CSS are missing (background, icons, etc.).
 However, when I check my Flash Help SSL localy on my PC, our through our local
network theses images are OK.

 Of course, I've included those images in my baggage files...

 Here is a link to Flash Help SSL :
http://www.apisoft.com/aides/api_office/gestion/bienvenue.htm
 Here is a screen capture of how it should look like :
http://www.apisoft.com/aides/api_office/gestion/_images/local_falshhe...

 On last thing : the project was rendered with Robohelp X5.

 Thanks,
 C?dric

2. A Very Basic Question re: Acrobat

3. Missing xtra messge from a partial project

4. Where are LocalConnection objects stored?

5. Project Bin Missing Icons

6. Inserting and Access

7. Project elements missing

8. Problem with output param

9. Clips Missing after rendering project??

10. Project bin window: Bin area missing

11. Missing project file

12. Broken/missing images when copying from one project to another.

13. Missing Project Folders