MatLab field "greys" out while in explorer.

MatLab field "greys" out while in explorer.

Post by Mike Carpente » Sun, 03 Nov 2002 01:09:28

I'm having a problem with MatLab 6.5 Release 13. After I open MatLab,
then open Windows explorer to open a file, the MatLab field greys out
& locks up.. I can only close MatLab by using Task Manager. I never
had this problem with 6.1 Release 12.1. My PC is a Windows 2000,
Service Pack 3 box, with a 1GHZ processor, 512 MB RAM, 64MB Nvidia
Display adapter. Any help is appreciated.

1. Help: "Randint" in "Read from Wkspace Block" vs "MAtlab Function"

Hi,

In the Communications Toolbox there is a Matlab function, randint, which
creates a vector or matrix of random integers." "Randint(100,1,16)"
typed into the workspace would create something like:

1
5
3
7
3
9

When I use simulink to do the same thing, I used the "Read from
workspace" block and then fed the output to a "To workspace" block.

------------                       --------------
|  Read        |                      |    To           |
|   From       | --------------|   WkSpace |
|  WkSpace |                      |                   |
 ------------                       --------------

When I examined the file created in the workspace I saw that all of the
random integers created were repeated.

1
1
5
5
3
3
7
7
3
3
....etc.

What is the difference between using the randint as a matlab function as
opposed to using it in the simulink "read from workspace" block? It
seems as if the simulink model that I am using is writing the workspace
twice a timestep.

I am also a little bit confused about how to write the output of a "read
from workspace" block to a file. the results that I got were a little
bit disappointing.

Thank You
Tom

2. ScreenDump II

3. Short Course "Application of Kalman Filtering to GPS, INS, & Navigation"

4. Cheap Cd burner????????

5. Matlab "hangs" when doing "update diagram" on a large Simulink diagram

6. Atari SH204 hostadapter with genuine SCSI drives

7. Why "matlab.exe" and "Matlabserver.exe" are loaded?

8. renewing my subscription for the next three versions

9. Difference in "Compiled" and "UnCompiled" version of Matlab Random Number Generator

10. Why "matlab.exe" and "matlabserver.exe" are loaded?

11. Help: "bode" on Matlab 4.1 returns "error on line 115--grid on"

12. Difference between "MATLAB" and "FORTRAN" ??

13. Bug in "all" and "any" functions in Matlab 5.1