how to compute Hankel function for negative order

how to compute Hankel function for negative order

Post by hu bi » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi

Is there any .m file that can compute the Hankel function for the
negative order? I find some suite by Mathworks but it need to change the
specfun toolbox. Because I am using matlab in Unix, I have no previliege
to do that. If you have any information, please tell me as soon as
possible. Thanks

Have a nice day
Bin

how to compute Hankel function for negative order

Post by Cleve Mol » Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there any .m file that can compute the Hankel function for the
> negative order? I find some suite by Mathworks but it need to change the
> specfun toolbox. Because I am using matlab in Unix, I have no previliege
> to do that. If you have any information, please tell me as soon as
> possible. Thanks

Hi.

Doing this well in a .mfile is a very big job.  You are better off using
the Bessel function suite from our FTP suite, which you already have.
You do not have to put the new Bessel functions in the toolbox/matlab/specfun
directory.  You can put them in a directory that belongs to you if you
arrange to have that directory name ahead of specfun on your MATLAB path.
Or, just work in the directory that contains the new functions.

  -- Cleve Moler