OS X version performance

Post by Don McKenzie Pa » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:57:28

Quote:> I just installed 6.5 trial on my iMac, 800 MHz, 512 Mb ram, and ran
> bench.  Compared to the included list, my iMac was dead last.  Comapred
> to my 933 MHz win2k box, it was in some cases twice as slow.  I am not
> discussing the graphics, which are known to be slow because of the
> x-windows usage.

> --
> Alan J Van Nevel
> Head, Image and Signal Processing Branch
> Sensor and Signals Sciences Division, Research Dept.
> Naval Air Warfare Center, Weapons Division
> China Lake CA
> 760 939 1440

I couldn't even get bench to finish. Froze on the 3d graphics.

Don

1. OS X version performance

I've seen similar results.  I compared our large simulink model in
both W2K and OSX versions.  The MS Windows simulation (650MHz P3
256Mb) was twice as fast (by the clock on the wall) as the OSX
(700MHz, G4, 256Mb).  And on my G3 iBook (500MHz, G3, 256Mb) the OSX
sim was 3.5 took 3.5 times as long as the Windows version.  I'm
pretty disappointed, since there is nothing graphical about the sim
at all, just good old number crunching.

On the good side, I had absolutely no problem compiling the numerous
S-functions from the original PC code and starting the sim, but this
performance problem may force me to go to another platform.

LC

2. Norton Desktop for Windows v2.0

3. matlab performance / OS X dual processors

4. Modelers and Programmers Needed ASAP

5. OS X version

6. upgrade to palm III

7. OS/2 version or alternatives?

8. TCP without IP?

9. Native OS/2 Version

10. SERIOUSLY, Why no NATIVE OS/2 version of MATLAB???

11. Matlab version for OS-X (Mac)

12. bench for Macinstosh, version 6.5 under OS X