Real and Imaginary parts

Post by Jian Pen » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 04:02:55

The 'specgram' command in Signal Processing Toolbox by default plots the
absolute value of a spectrogram. However in my applications I need to be
able to calculate the Real and Imaginary part of the spectrogram.
By trying on simple functions I realized that the real and imaginary
part returned by using B=specgram(x) differ from what I expected. (There
are some high frequency oscillation on the frequency domain and
asymmetry on time domain when they should have been symmetric.)
Could anyone shed light on this, and show me how the true real() and
imag() parts may be recovered?
Thanks.

--
And the meaning of live is a mystery though we live it from day to day.
But the music of life should be harmony so that anyone here can play.