Matlab GUI VS VC GUI

Post by Shi » Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:28:31

Hi,

Can you give me some opinion about the advantage and disadvantage for
Matlab GUI programming and VC GUI programming, respectively? I am
trying to decide which one is the better one for my task.

Thanks!

Matlab GUI VS VC GUI

Post by Ian » Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:53:06

Without wishing to sound flippant
Matlab GUI's are easy to design but limited in application
VC GUI's are more difficult to design but unlimited in what you can do
It also depends on what your task is and whether you want the solution to be
stand alone or not

Quote:> Hi,

> Can you give me some opinion about the advantage and disadvantage for
> Matlab GUI programming and VC GUI programming, respectively? I am
> trying to decide which one is the better one for my task.

> Thanks!

Matlab GUI VS VC GUI

Post by Shi » Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:04:49

Thanks!

My task should be stand alone. Under this condition, Is matlab a good
tool for GUI programming?

> Without wishing to sound flippant
> Matlab GUI's are easy to design but limited in application
> VC GUI's are more difficult to design but unlimited in what you can
> do
> It also depends on what your task is and whether you want the
> solution to be
> stand alone or not

Matlab GUI VS VC GUI

Post by Dan Hensle » Fri, 07 Nov 2003 14:27:46

> Thanks!

> My task should be stand alone. Under this condition, Is matlab a good
> tool for GUI programming?

It's pretty decent.  You can make standalone GUI applications.  The
comments below still apply.

Dan

>> Without wishing to sound flippant
>> Matlab GUI's are easy to design but limited in application
>> VC GUI's are more difficult to design but unlimited in what you can
>> do
>> It also depends on what your task is and whether you want the
>> solution to be
>> stand alone or not

Matlab GUI VS VC GUI

Post by Steven Lor » Fri, 07 Nov 2003 23:12:07

> Hi,

> Can you give me some opinion about the advantage and disadvantage for
> Matlab GUI programming and VC GUI programming, respectively? I am
> trying to decide which one is the better one for my task.

Just as a suggestion, you may get more specific information or advice if you
can provide the group with a little information about what your task is ...
even a broad categorization might prompt someone else who has done something
similar to say "Yeah, I did this ... here's what I did."

--
Steve Lord

Matlab GUI VS VC GUI

Post by per isakso » Sat, 08 Nov 2003 04:31:05

>> Hi,

>> Can you give me some opinion about the advantage and
disadvantage
> for
>> Matlab GUI programming and VC GUI programming, respectively? I
am
>> trying to decide which one is the better one for my task.

> Just as a suggestion, you may get more specific information or
> advice if you
> can provide the group with a little information about what your
> task is ...
> even a broad categorization might prompt someone else who has done
> something
> similar to say "Yeah, I did this ... here's what I did."

> --
> Steve Lord

Currently, I take part in the evaluation of half a dozen Building
Automation Systems with emphasis on their GUI. The functionality of
these systems are very basic in handling historical data (i.e. time
series of logged data) - in my opinion. I have used plain Matlab to
prototype specific functions to back up my arguments.

My prototypes are primitive and looks dull, gray and old fashion
regarding the (ui)controls compared to the commersial products.
However, regarding the visualisation and user interaction with the
time series Matlab shines both regarding visual impression and speed.
My prototypes serve well to support my point.

- per

1. Matlab > GUI > how to pass my handles from a GUI to another....

Hi

I have a GUI which manage my application (load, apply function...) and
I want to add another GUI to edit and eventually change some value of
my init handle

How can I launch a GUI from another GUI.

Salut tous

Je n'arrive pas passer ma handles d'un GUI l'autre. Ayez piti
d'un malheureux tudiant...

2. Vanishing Spin-offs

3. VB vs. Matlab GUI

4. JOB: Minnesota, Twin Cities, Web Application QA Analyst

5. how to invoke other GUI from a GUI?

6. Looking for Monitor Utility

7. Is it possible to have 1 GUI read values from 2 different GUIs?

8. GUI --> Simulink --> GUI

9. updating one GUI from another GUI

10. Interaction GUI vs USER

11. How to make a gui calling another gui?

12. GUI how to update data entered using keyboard without restarting the GUI