problem with function to plot 3d

Post by Swidrygiel » Tue, 04 Feb 2003 07:13:41

Hello!

I have problem to plot standard 3d function, for example "sphere" -
this is a little strange because I can plot "sphere(17)" but not
"spere(18)" (the field of plot is empty); similarly I can plot
function using "meshc"(not all) but not "mesh". Maybe in my operation
system, Windows XP,  lack some files?! Does anybody know now to solve
this problem?!

Post by Steven Lor » Tue, 04 Feb 2003 23:05:04

> Hello!

> I have problem to plot standard 3d function, for example "sphere" -
> this is a little strange because I can plot "sphere(17)" but not
> "spere(18)" (the field of plot is empty); similarly I can plot
> function using "meshc"(not all) but not "mesh". Maybe in my operation
> system, Windows XP,  lack some files?! Does anybody know now to solve
> this problem?!

Check your figure renderer in each case with get(gcf, 'Renderer').  My guess
is that one uses OpenGL and the other does not; there may be a conflict
between OpenGL and MATLAB on your machine.  Verify this diagnosis with
sections 4 through 7 of:

http://www.mathworks.com/support/tech-notes/1200/1201.shtml

and take a look at sections 8 and 9 for possible solution methods.

Also, if you're using MATLAB 6.1 (R12.1) or earlier, see:

http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/29388.shtml

--
Steve Lord

1. 3d plot of implicit function

This should be a very common question, but I have searched the
newsgroups and couldn't find anything helpful.

What i want to do is to plot 2 cylinders on the form
x.^2 + y.^2 = a.^2   and y.^2 + z.^2 = a.^2 , where the second
equation is limited to the area given by the first.

Should i use inline? what kind of plot? ezplot3, mesh, surf? I have
tried everything with no good results.

Please help me!

/Yao Li.

2. Impossible ? Instatiate different objects with a single Macro ?

3. 3D Plotting a function in Spherical Coordinates

4. searching for a game, too

5. 3D surface plot of a U(theta,phi,r) function on xyz scale!!!

6. Microsoft previews Pocket PC phone

7. 3D plot of complicated function

8. Mac to PC conversion

9. Selecting Points in a 3D Plot and Calling a Function

10. Subject: [Q] Plot system-function in 3D ?

11. A bar-like plot function, but for 3D

12. I Can't Plot This function in 3D!!!!!

13. Plotting 3d functions, inparticular Quadrics