label in 3d figure flipped

Post by NewsReade » Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:44:01

Hi,

Recently I have a strange problem with 3-d plots in MATLAB 6.5.
All the text objects in a 3-d plot are flipped horizontally in
the following example:

[X, Y] = meshgrid(1:10,1:10);
mesh(X, Y, ones(size(X)));

This only occurs with my PC running Win2k. I tried the same thing
on a unix workstation and found no problem.

The problem start only this week, everything was fine last week.
So I wonder if I have accidentally toggled something. I tried to
delete everything under

%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\MathWorks\MATLAB\R13 ,

but the problem still exists.

Also this problem seems to affect on screen display only. Exported
figures in various format, such as emf, bmp, eps are fine.

Could anyone help me to fix this problem?

Thanks.

label in 3d figure flipped

Post by us » Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:55:46

NewsReader:

Quote:> Recently I have a strange problem with 3-d plots in MATLAB 6.5.
> All the text objects in a 3-d plot are flipped horizontally

sorry for the stupid question:
what exactly do you mean by <flipped horizontally>? eg, are
they mirrored?
i assume this doesn't happen in 2-d plots - now, what happens if you
do a
     view(2)
after your example?
us

label in 3d figure flipped

Post by ady » Sat, 27 Sep 2003 05:59:45

NewsReader a crit:

Quote:> Hi,

> Recently I have a strange problem with 3-d plots in MATLAB 6.5.
> All the text objects in a 3-d plot are flipped horizontally in
> the following example:

> [X, Y] = meshgrid(1:10,1:10);
> mesh(X, Y, ones(size(X)));

> This only occurs with my PC running Win2k. I tried the same thing
> on a unix workstation and found no problem.

> The problem start only this week, everything was fine last week.
> So I wonder if I have accidentally toggled something. I tried to
> delete everything under

> %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\MathWorks\MATLAB\R13 ,

> but the problem still exists.

> Also this problem seems to affect on screen display only. Exported
> figures in various format, such as emf, bmp, eps are fine.

> Could anyone help me to fix this problem?

> Thanks.

Hi,

I had the same problem with XP.

A friend of mine told me to come back to classical window apparence (see
taskbar, then properties and start menu).

I did it and it works well ; no windows flipped anymore.

Look for window apparence and search classical window, without any
modification.

You can find the same configuration in the display menu inside the
parameters window.

Regards.

label in 3d figure flipped

Post by us » Sat, 27 Sep 2003 06:19:25

> NewsReader:

<SNIP problem>

Quote:> I had the same problem with XP.

hmm, the OP clearly stated:
... This only occurs with my PC running Win2k ...

us

1. is there any fast image/matrix flip, diagonal flip commands in matlab?

Dear all,

I hope to have image/matrix flip command in matlab. But for diagonal flip,
my problem is that my image is RGB format, so it is a Height x Width x 3 3D
matrix, 3D matrix cannot be diagonally rotated by using A'  (A is a 2D
matrix) ...

Can anybody give me a hint on how to do that?

Thanks a lot,

-Walala

2. PsiWin 2.2 not talking to Series 5

3. Drawing text outside a 3D figure in the figure window

4. SQL Statement Question

5. Align Axis labels in 3D graphs

6. FTP sites?

7. x,y,z-labels for 3D plots