DAQ Toolbox problem

Post by Anthony Gallaghe » Sun, 26 Oct 2003 04:24:30

Hi all,

I am having problems getting data from an NI board using the DAQ Toolbox.
First, there seems to be some instability: Sometimes everything works,
sometimes it doesn't. I get errors the following errors:
1) Sometimes the DAQ Toolbox does not seem to recognize my NI card (I
have a laptop 6062E.) I have to restart Matlab to get it to recognize it.
2) I also get this strange error when collecting data, and I don't know
what it means:
        analoginput/getdata
        Timeout in GETDATA

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Anthony

DAQ Toolbox problem

Post by Dave Tarkowsk » Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:57:59

> Hi all,

> I am having problems getting data from an NI board using the DAQ Toolbox.
> First, there seems to be some instability: Sometimes everything works,
> sometimes it doesn't. I get errors the following errors:
> 1) Sometimes the DAQ Toolbox does not seem to recognize my NI card (I
> have a laptop 6062E.) I have to restart Matlab to get it to recognize it.

If the card is inserted before you issue any toolbox commands it should
be found without problem.  However, if it is not found, you probably
don't have to exit MATLAB; use the command DAQRESET to reset the
toolbox, the card should then be found.  The toolbox caches the known
cards for performance reasons so once it determines the available cards,
you have to flush the cache if you add a new card.

Quote:> 2) I also get this strange error when collecting data, and I don't know
> what it means:
>    analoginput/getdata
>    Timeout in GETDATA

It means that GETDATA was not able to return the number of samples that
you requested before the object timed out.  There is a property on the
object, 'Timeout', that can be used to set how the long object will wait
before timing out.  I can't help you more without knowing more about
your situation.

-Dave Tarkowski

Quote:

> Any ideas?

> Thanks!

> Anthony

1. blue screen using DAQ Toolbox and NI DAQ card

Hello Group, hello Dave,

I have a problem using a National Instruments 6036E PCMCIA DAQ card with
the data acquisition toolbox.

This is what I do:
1) create an AI object
2) set sample rate and samples per trigger
3) add 2 channels
3) show some information about AI object
5) start AI object
6) make generous use of four-letter words since Windows 2000 bluescreens
7) reboot

I have noticed that when I set SamplesPerTrigger to, say, 8000 the program
doesn't crash. I do need more data though. So what shall I do?

My program is pasted below.

Thanks already!
Roman

%%% nidaq_test.m %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

2. WANTED: Decent Editor For VMS

3. DAQ-Toolbox and NI-6062E-PCMCIA-DAQ-Card

4. Introduction to comp.sys.apple2.marketplace

5. Problems with Integrating simulink with daq toolbox

6. GOOD CAD/CAM software (cimatron 10.6 / cosmos/M 2.5 / mechanical desktop 4 / catia 5R2SP4)

7. DAQ toolbox with Simulink.

8. SO_RCVBUF SO_SNDBUF

9. Synchronizing multiple devices with DAQ Toolbox with NI hardware

10. triggering in DAQ toolbox

11. DAQ toolbox : set Samplerate

12. DAQ Toolbox: How to register a dll at matlab startup

13. DAQ Toolbox : I cant modify InputRange Propertie