Kernal Panic when Printing in Mac OS X 10.2

Kernal Panic when Printing in Mac OS X 10.2

Post by Andy Hegedu » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 11:01:28

I have a PDF file created on a PC that causes a kernal panic or a finder quit when I attempt to print. If the finder quits, it will restart but kernal panic shortly after the restart.

I can print fine in Preview. Any solutions (other than just use Preview)?

I have tried version 5.05 and 5.1, it happens in both.

Kernal Panic when Printing in Mac OS X 10.2

Post by Aandi Inst » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 18:50:21

You should report this to Apple. If an application causes a kernel
panic, the system is at fault; that's the Unix rule.

Aandi Inston

1. OS X kernal panic, jdbc and Ultradev

Started happening after I upgraded to 10.1.2 I *think* it's a java
related issue: when UD calls the jdbc driver it nukes the whole
system. UD runs fine if I don't have jsp on the page but if I go to
edit a connection then it crashes OS X. Let me be clear, it's not UD
that goes down, I get a kernal panic - absolutely
reproducible...Thoughts anyone? I've upgraded every piece of software
on the system:

OS X Client 10.1.2 with all the software update fixes
OS 9.2.1
mySQL jdbc driver: mm.mysql-2.0.8 in OS9 java extensions folder
Ultradev 4.05 with jdbc update from macromedia update page installed
mysql 3.23.47

Apache 1.3.22
Tomcat 4.01
Apache Tomcat connector: webapp-module-1.0-tc40

The kernal panic happens even if all I have running is UD and mySQL so
the rest of the items aren't related.

2. Burn DVD from Hard Disk

3. MAC OS 10.2.8 Printing problem when working in InDesign

4. Switching to InDesign? (info/links)

5. Unexpected scaloing and/or rotation when printing from Illustrator CS3 (Mac OS X 10.5.5)

6. Audio

7. Always PostScript error when printing to pdf (Mac OS 10.3, Acrobat 6)

8. dynamically name variables

9. Kernal Panic with crop tool in CS

10. Kernal Panic -Rapid fill of scratch disk

11. Illustrator CS2 + Save for Web = Kernal Panic

12. Kernel Panic - Adobe Reader 6.0 - OS X 10.2.8 - 15in PBG4 1GHz

13. Unexpectedly Quits When Printing OS X 10.2.3