Error reading MNY and backup files (MSMoney99)

Error reading MNY and backup files (MSMoney99)

Post by Chris » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 00:08:15

I had to built a new machine (WinNT 4.0/MSMoney 99) and getting errors
reading either my MNY file AND my backup files.

In both cases I get the same error:

Money cannot locate --(my file)-- or cannot open it, possibly because
it is
a read-only file or your disk drive is write protected.  If you have
chosen
the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to open your
most
recent backup file.

Here are more details:

The files are set as Archive not read-only.
I have tried to restore via my backup floppies,
a copy of the MNY file transferred via CDR,
changed the file name,
made use of the Salvage program (found no errors in the file),
verified that the directories and sub-directories are set to archive
not
read-only,
tried restoring the backup file to a new directory with a new name.
I am running out of ideas on how to get my MS Money back up and
running....

Error reading MNY and backup files (MSMoney99)

Post by Dick Watso » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 04:11:30

Can M99 open its sample file?

Quote:> I had to built a new machine (WinNT 4.0/MSMoney 99) and getting errors
> reading either my MNY file AND my backup files.

> In both cases I get the same error:

> Money cannot locate --(my file)-- or cannot open it, possibly because
> it is
> a read-only file or your disk drive is write protected.  If you have
> chosen
> the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to open your
> most
> recent backup file.

> Here are more details:

> The files are set as Archive not read-only.
> I have tried to restore via my backup floppies,
> a copy of the MNY file transferred via CDR,
> changed the file name,
> made use of the Salvage program (found no errors in the file),
> verified that the directories and sub-directories are set to archive
> not
> read-only,
> tried restoring the backup file to a new directory with a new name.
> I am running out of ideas on how to get my MS Money back up and
> running....

Error reading MNY and backup files (MSMoney99)

Post by Chris » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 21:07:57

Yes, M99 was able to open its sample file. It works without problems.

> Can M99 open its sample file?

> > I had to built a new machine (WinNT 4.0/MSMoney 99) and getting errors
> > reading either my MNY file AND my backup files.

> > In both cases I get the same error:

> > Money cannot locate --(my file)-- or cannot open it, possibly because
> > it is
> > a read-only file or your disk drive is write protected.  If you have
> > chosen
> > the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to open your
> > most
> > recent backup file.

> > Here are more details:

> > The files are set as Archive not read-only.
> > I have tried to restore via my backup floppies,
> > a copy of the MNY file transferred via CDR,
> > changed the file name,
> > made use of the Salvage program (found no errors in the file),
> > verified that the directories and sub-directories are set to archive
> > not
> > read-only,
> > tried restoring the backup file to a new directory with a new name.
> > I am running out of ideas on how to get my MS Money back up and
> > running....

Error reading MNY and backup files (MSMoney99)

Post by Dick Watso » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:07:12

Can you create a File|New in the directory you want to put your old Money
file in? Have you changed region settings from the old system? I'm running
out of ideas; it sounds like you've checked all of the obvious things.

> Yes, M99 was able to open its sample file. It works without problems.

> > Can M99 open its sample file?

> > > I had to built a new machine (WinNT 4.0/MSMoney 99) and getting errors
> > > reading either my MNY file AND my backup files.

> > > In both cases I get the same error:

> > > Money cannot locate --(my file)-- or cannot open it, possibly because
> > > it is
> > > a read-only file or your disk drive is write protected.  If you have
> > > chosen
> > > the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to open your
> > > most
> > > recent backup file.

> > > Here are more details:

> > > The files are set as Archive not read-only.
> > > I have tried to restore via my backup floppies,
> > > a copy of the MNY file transferred via CDR,
> > > changed the file name,
> > > made use of the Salvage program (found no errors in the file),
> > > verified that the directories and sub-directories are set to archive
> > > not
> > > read-only,
> > > tried restoring the backup file to a new directory with a new name.
> > > I am running out of ideas on how to get my MS Money back up and
> > > running....

1. ERROR 1309.Error reading from file: C:\Bundle\Money\iue\msaac01.wav

Money 2004 came with my PC, shortly after my initial use and during one of
Money's updates it had an "issuue". I then told me to reinstall Money
because one of it's files was corrupt. I uninstalled Money and tried to
reinstall money using the emachines "Restore disk" bhut it only installed
the UK version. I then unistalled that and used XP' s restore feature and
took the PC back before all of this started.

Now on my initial use of windows I get "ERROR 1309.Error reading from file:
C:\Bundle\Money\iue\msaac01.wav". Verify that the file exists and that you
can access it."

Anyone help?

Tim - WI

2. Zoom not responding to lowering DTR

3. Anyone know how to read the MNY file?

4. Sun has a Plan 9 inspired project called "Brazil"!!???

5. MNY File reading within VB

6. Step motors via LPT

7. Money98: can I read the MNY file with MS Access?

8. availability

9. Read .MNY files from a database

10. How to read a .mny file?

11. Corrupt MNY file Corrupt Backups

12. Converting a backup file to .mny

13. "Read Only" error when restoring backup