Registration Wizard?

Post by Gregory Chamber » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I had this problem with Money 99 and now 2000.  Every so often it asks me to
register on-line.  I try but it says the "Registration Wizard" has not been
installed and to install it.  I cannot find it anywhere on the cd.  Any
ideas?

--
Gregory Chambers

ICQ#  38123245

Registration Wizard?

Post by Kimberly Smith, MV » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

The Registration Wizard connects thru MSN. If that software is not installed
on your system, online registration cannot complete. Just ignore the
message.

--
Regards,
Kim Smith

I will no longer respond to direct email unless I have requested it.
Please post to the newsgroups so that others may benefit from your
questions.

The MVP program does not constitute employment or contractual obligation
with Microsoft Corporation.

> I had this problem with Money 99 and now 2000.  Every so often it asks me
> register on-line.  I try but it says the "Registration Wizard" has not
been
> installed and to install it.  I cannot find it anywhere on the cd.  Any
> ideas?

> --
> Gregory Chambers

> ICQ#  38123245

Registration Wizard?

Post by Juan C. Reye » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I think you can turn it off in Options.

1. Money 2000 -- "Active X component for Registration Wizard not found."

I have developed a problem with Money 2000.  On a weekly basis, it asks if I
want to register the software (this software was registered long ago).
Anyhow, I click "yes" to hopefully re-register and make the pop-up window go
away.  However, whenever I do I get the following error message:

"Active X component for Registration Wizard not found".

The cycle starts all over again when the "register later" time period has
expired.

Numerous questions:
1.  Where and in which folder would this alleged Active X component reside?
2.  Is the Active X component in question available on the web, my Win98
disks, or the Money disk; so I can physical copy/paste into the Active X
folder?  Can it be extracted from a CAB file?
3.  Can I hardwire the Registry to fake the program out so it will quit
asking me to register Money?
4.  Are there other MS programs that might contain the Active X component?

Bas

2. Forwarder only for one zone!

3. $2k Registration Wizard

4. FS: TM Nascar Sprint Race Wheel

5. Registration Wizard gets some things wrong

6. please i.d. this font - font.jpg

7. Cannot register Money 2000 ( error: Reg wizard unable to locate signup wizard)

8. Unable to Load Registration Key (DLL)

9. Registration not working

10. online registration

11. Registration

12. Lost DNS Registration