Need to delete a ticker symbol from an account I deleted

Need to delete a ticker symbol from an account I deleted

Post by Cpt_Zambon » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 02:03:52

Sounds like the easiest thing to do if you want to start
over is create a new file.  If you have any accounts you
want in the new file, export them then import them in to
you new file.

Cpt. Zamboni

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello, I'm just trying out Money 2002.  I hope you can
help me.

>After a few mistakes setting up some mutual funds at one
institution, I
>ended up deleting the institution and investments

starting over fresh.
Quote:

>But now, when I try to assign the correct stock symbol to
a fund, MS
>Money tells me that that symbol is already assigned to
[old, deleted
>investment].  This happens whether I am newly setting
investment up
>again, or trying to fix the symbol afterwards from the
>Portfolio-->Details view.

>Anyone know what I can do?

>Thanks,

>Kib
>.

Need to delete a ticker symbol from an account I deleted

Post by Dick Watso » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 03:20:22

Many people know what you can do. Starting over seems like vast overkill.

Go to the Investment Portfolio page. There is a pullout somewhere on the
left for Work with investments. Go there, find the old investment and delete
it. Investment Accounts hold Investments. This is like a Payee also being
referenced in a transaction. Investments store names, symbols and price
history.

Quote:> Hello, I'm just trying out Money 2002.  I hope you can help me.

> After a few mistakes setting up some mutual funds at one institution, I
> ended up deleting the institution and investments starting over fresh.

> But now, when I try to assign the correct stock symbol to a fund, MS
> Money tells me that that symbol is already assigned to [old, deleted
> investment].  This happens whether I am newly setting investment up
> again, or trying to fix the symbol afterwards from the
> Portfolio-->Details view.

> Anyone know what I can do?

Need to delete a ticker symbol from an account I deleted

Post by Bob Peel, MVP Mone » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 05:59:24

Once a ticker symbol has been used you must select it from the drop down list. You can't type it in again.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions

I will not reply to unsolicited EMAILs. Please post to the Newsgroups for
the benefit of others.

The MVP program does not constitute employment or contractual obligation
with Microsoft Corporation.

> Hello, I'm just trying out Money 2002.  I hope you can help me.

> After a few mistakes setting up some mutual funds at one institution, I
> ended up deleting the institution and investments starting over fresh.

> But now, when I try to assign the correct stock symbol to a fund, MS
> Money tells me that that symbol is already assigned to [old, deleted
> investment].  This happens whether I am newly setting investment up
> again, or trying to fix the symbol afterwards from the
> Portfolio-->Details view.

> Anyone know what I can do?

> Thanks,

> Kib

Need to delete a ticker symbol from an account I deleted

Post by Dick Watso » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 07:38:34

A "deleted" investment isn't really deleted? Oh, yeah? I didn't know that.

Quote:> If it is a deleted investment, attempt to record a dividend. Select
> the investment from the drop-down list. When it asks if you want the
> investment undeleted, say yes. Then delete the dividend. Now you can
> find that fund in your drop-down list for Buys.

1. Old Stock ticker symbols need 2B deleted

Go to the portfolio, and click on Work with Investments -> Delete an
investment if you want to remove them from the file - this should remove it
from the price history list.

If you want to keep any investment activities, then go to the investment in
question, click on its details/settings and remove the symbol.
Alternatively, click on update prices -> 'pick online prices to download'
and deselect those you don't want to download.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money.
To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

2. Formatting slow on new hard drive - DOS 6.22 Setup

3. Deleting online banking account without deleting MS Money account

4. Connecting Multiple 56303's

5. MNY 06: Can't delete one account without deleting all

6. Souper: sendmail.cf needed

7. How do I delete a CC account without deleting....

8. Delete stock symbol or reuse stock symbol

9. Money 98 Delete symbols from obsolete symbols file

10. Deleted Account Symbol.

11. Need help changing or deleting an online account association

12. Online Quotes - deleting ticker codes