Money 06 Budget issues and questions... I'm new and lost here.

Money 06 Budget issues and questions... I'm new and lost here.

Post by Patrick Aiken » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:44:04

I've been trying to set up the budget features of Money '06 using the
Advanced budget.  I started using Money 06 this month with a new data
file, and downloaded transactions from my FIs back to the first of the
year.  I've been seeing weird issues...

For my mortgage payment... it's set up as a recurring bill that happens
monthly on the 5th of each month.  However, in the budget for Feb. it
shows that there's nothing budgeted for it (and thus, I'm over budget).
  For March, the budgeted amount for mortgage is double.

I have a weekly expense on Sunday... February's budget doesn't show an
even dollar amount in the budget.  I'd expect it to be 4x(weekly dollar
amount) just like every other month with 4 Sundays - it seems to be
prorated somehow which is wrong.  March shows the expected value in it's
budget.

I have one other bill related question... when I pay a bill using my FIs
web-based bill payment service, do I need to tell Money somehow that the
downloaded transaction is actually a scheduled bill payment?  I've used
Quicken in the past, and it would (usually) catch those downloaded
transactions and ask if it corresponded to the scheduled bill payment.
For the couple I've done this month, I've just told Money to "Skip"
those payments and I'm not sure what the ramifications of that are.

Thanks for any info...

1. Problem: Deleted bill can't be removed from budget (Money 06)

I created a monthly split-category bill that needed to be an "only once"
bill, and I accidentally entered into the register, so I deleted the bill,
deleted the transaction in the register, and created a new "only once" bill.
Now my budget shows double the amount of the categories in the bill because
it still shows the monthly bill as well as the new "only once" bill. How do
I delete the non-existent monthly bill from my budget?

2. Large first letter of a chapter

3. M2004 - cashflow / budget issue - can't pick account for budget expenses

4. HELP: Printing Datawindow Multi-Line Fields that Span Pages - Duplicate line

5. Upgrading from Money '04 to '06

6. add/remove programs empty

7. Money '05 Budget Issues...

8. Help Please: Peer to Peer Networking thru a Router/Hub and DSL

9. Budget item not showing as 'budgeted' in Monthly Budget Report

10. Next Month's Budget Issue

11. Due date VS processing date in Money '06

12. Money '06 - Transaction/Payee Cut Off

13. Money '06 and Mortgage Loans