Net Worth Report: Investment Account cash compenent as a separate line item

Net Worth Report: Investment Account cash compenent as a separate line item

Post by Bill Toupe » Sun, 02 Apr 2006 13:31:09

Is there a way to get MS Money to combine the cash account associated with
an Investment account with the investment account. For investment accounts,
2 lines are unnecessarily reported in the Networth report such as below. I
want only one amount reported.

Account Name X                 $x
Account Name X (cash)      $Y

Using Money 2004.
Thx

Net Worth Report: Investment Account cash compenent as a separate line item

Post by Dick Watso » Sun, 02 Apr 2006 14:28:19

Probably not. Money really does think these are two accounts. You could
always copy the report to Excel where you could make it say anything you
want.

Quote:> Is there a way to get MS Money to combine the cash account associated with
> an Investment account with the investment account. For investment
> accounts, 2 lines are unnecessarily reported in the Networth report such
> as below. I want only one amount reported.

> Account Name X                 $x
> Account Name X (cash)      $Y

> Using Money 2004.
> Thx

Net Worth Report: Investment Account cash compenent as a separate line item

Post by arthu » Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:05:16

In accounting they are called journals or ledgers.  Your broker also
shows your cash and investments as 2 separate items and then adds them
together with perhaps other ledgers such as margin account, etc.  In
practice some will use one flat file with each different entry type
encoded to indicate to what ledger it belongs.  Some will let you
download as CSV files into your own spreadsheet.

I'm not M04 smart but you might find one of the reports that more
closely matches what you want to see.  Personally I keep a spreadsheet
by month and year to summarize my accounts and give me easy
comparisons.

arthur
==