Edit dropdown lists?

Post by Mike » Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:17:21

Hello, How do I remove some of the unwanted categories from the dropdown
list in the Bank account Transaction forms in Money 2006 Deluxe?  Thanks.
Mike

Edit dropdown lists?

Post by Dick Watso » Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:41:40

By editing the Categories list.

Go to Account List and one on or the other of the pull out/drop
down/pop-up/-over/-under menus (what a joy the M05/6 UI--and I don't have
one handy to be more precise) you will find a Categories & Payees choice
that will then have a Categories choice. That list can be edited using
buttons at the bottom or r-click menus.

Quote:> How do I remove some of the unwanted categories from the dropdown

Post by Cal Learner-- MV » Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:46:22

>Hello, How do I remove some of the unwanted categories from the dropdown
>list in the Bank account Transaction forms in Money 2006 Deluxe?  Thanks.
>Mike

Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Categories.  Select
a category that you want to be rid of and click Delete or Move at
the bottom.  If you are using the category, Money will ask what
category you want those transactions reassigned to.

Incidentally, you might want to consider un-checking to use
Transaction forms. Then press Ctrl+T (it's a toggle). that way you
enter the transactions right into the register without the
transactions form. You can switch back if it does not appeal to you.

1. Money 2005 Standard payee dropdown list

My list of payees (approx. 30-40) is visible in the payee list but none are
there when clicking the dropdown box in the transaction form.  Adding a new
payee in the dropdown box adds it to the general payee list though.  Typing
the first letter of a payee will allow the "hidden" payee to appear  in the
payee field but I wish to see the entire payee list in the dropdown box.
Searched settings and setup info without finding solution.

2. smdr printer help

3. Missing Dropdown List ??

4. C Cross Compiler

5. Erasing DropDown Investment List Entries

6. Spurious crash on Cisco 4000

7. How to edit drop down List?

8. Ultrix sendmail & hostname -- solved.

9. Money 2004 - Edit drop down lists

10. Editing the investment list

11. Edit List

12. Edit autocomplete list

13. How do I edit the Category Group list (Money 2001)