Online updates

Post by Todd » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:33:34

I have an OEM version of Money 2002 standard.  Ever since
I uploaded my accounts from Money 2001, I cannot get
online stock quote updates (even after disabling Norton
Antivirus software).  I am using Windows XP and Norton
Anti-Virus and Firewall '03.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Online updates

Post by Bren » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 22:29:10

Todd, disabling NAV (Norton AntiVirus) provides no benefit, unless you
have modified the default settings.  Try disabling the firewall instead
and post back with your results.

I have used both NIS (Norton Internet Security) 2002 Pro and NIS 2003
Pro, of which NAV and Personal Firewall are both components, with both
Money 2002 and Money 2003, without experiencing update problems.

--
Brent

Quote:> I have an OEM version of Money 2002 standard.  Ever since
> I uploaded my accounts from Money 2001, I cannot get
> online stock quote updates (even after disabling Norton
> Antivirus software).  I am using Windows XP and Norton
> Anti-Virus and Firewall '03.  Any suggestions?

> Thanks

Online updates

Post by Bren » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 22:37:06

And please elaborate on "I cannot get online stock quote updates", such
as any error message(s) you are receiving.

--
Brent

> Todd, disabling NAV (Norton AntiVirus) provides no benefit, unless you
> have modified the default settings.  Try disabling the firewall
instead
> and post back with your results.

> I have used both NIS (Norton Internet Security) 2002 Pro and NIS 2003
> Pro, of which NAV and Personal Firewall are both components, with both
> Money 2002 and Money 2003, without experiencing update problems.

> --
> Brent

> > I have an OEM version of Money 2002 standard.  Ever since
> > I uploaded my accounts from Money 2001, I cannot get
> > online stock quote updates (even after disabling Norton
> > Antivirus software).  I am using Windows XP and Norton
> > Anti-Virus and Firewall '03.  Any suggestions?

> > Thanks

1. Money 2005: Closed accounts still try to update during online updates

To whom it may concern,

I have upgraded to Money 2005 and seem to have found a bug.

I used to have three credit cards from the same source.  I closed one of the
accounts but still perform online updates on the other two.  I want to keep
the closed account linked to the same bank - keeps the contact information
correct, but I do not like to see the error (or like the thought) that comes
with the attempt to synchronize the closed account.  In 2004 I did not see
this problem.  Any suggestions? Anyone else seeing this problem?

2. Need a x-terminal linux - windowsxp

3. Online update option prize + manual update

4. dsl cable???

5. online updates for money2003(not updating)

6. Oracle and (Magic or Delphi)

7. M2003: Online updates stuck on Updating Securities!

8. Looking for a MC68000 emulation core

9. Online Update updates share price i have not set

10. Home Depot card - setting up for online updates?

11. Online Updates - Mutual Funds

12. Online updates without using passport

13. Online Updates stopped on 4/13/06