Converting M99.mny to M2003.mny.....

Post by Moche » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 03:19:35

....I receive this error: "Money cannot open this file because it was
created by an incompatible version". My Money 99 is an italian version; I
downloaded trial version of M2003 (M11USWEB.exe) and I installed it in a
separated folder, anyway M03 changed my files in my original folder and I
had to reinstall Money 99 to fix up all. I think the two programs speak a
different language...
I should like to know if it will be possible to use my M99.mny file with
next Money 2004 and if this, or Money 2003, will be available also in
italian version (I noted that Italy is not in the list of international site
of Money).
Thank you.

Converting M99.mny to M2003.mny.....

Post by Bob Peel, MV » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:15:58

One of the regular FAQs.

When upgrading you must stay within regional versions i.e. USA > USA or UK >
UK.

The work around is to export all your accounts in QIF format and import into
the new version. When you do the import make sure that you import all the
QIF files at one go by using Ctrl + click to select all the files when asked
which file to import.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions

Quote:> ....I receive this error: "Money cannot open this file because it was
> created by an incompatible version". My Money 99 is an italian version; I
> downloaded trial version of M2003 (M11USWEB.exe) and I installed it in a
> separated folder, anyway M03 changed my files in my original folder and I
> had to reinstall Money 99 to fix up all. I think the two programs speak a
> different language...
> I should like to know if it will be possible to use my M99.mny file with
> next Money 2004 and if this, or Money 2003, will be available also in
> italian version (I noted that Italy is not in the list of international
site
> of Money).
> Thank you.

1. Mny 2000 to Mny 2005

I have been using Mny 00 for a long time and have been quite happy with it. I
recently purchased a new laptop and it came with Mny 05. I thought I would
give it a try. I like it allot.  However I do not like the bills summary. It
only shows the next bill due for each institution that I am making a payment
to. I very much like the old version of "View: Bills and deposits" where I
could see all of the upcoming bills and deposits for 1, 2, 3, 6 or 12 months
out. Does anybody know of a way to display all future bills and deposits in
Mny 05? and I dont mean that useless calander it has.

2. Server Hangs sometimes?

3. Comparing Mny 03 To Mny 04

4. Murph's VAPORWARE Column for May 1992

5. from one.mny to another.mny

6. about key_schedule

7. Mny 97 to Mny 98 Converter

8. Scripts!

9. Mny 99--Mny 2000

10. HELP - Opening Sample.mny or any older *.mny in Money 99

11. Riparazione MNY da M99

12. Is all M99 Data in MNY file???

13. convert mbf to mny