After downloading from on-line banking - New transactions hidden

After downloading from on-line banking - New transactions hidden

Post by Juli » Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:18:21

I have been having problems with MS Money for two months.  First I was
able to work my way around it but now, it is simply not connecting the
dots.  After logging on to microsoft money and going to bank web site
to download current transations, I save the transactions to the hard
drive but when I open up money it showes downloaded transations but
they do not appear in my account register to accept or un accept.
When I first started having problems afterdownloading the data I was
able to go to find a transaction and select the dates that I was
missing (or the exact dates I downloaded ) however now it will not
find the data - although at the tip it will tell me the number of
transations I need to look at.  When I select that it goes back to the
regular register without the new data?  What can I do?  Anybody else
with this problem!

Post by Cal Learner-- M » Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:29:22

>I have been having problems with MS Money for two months.  First I was
>able to work my way around it but now, it is simply not connecting the
>dots.  After logging on to microsoft money and going to bank web site
>to download current transations, I save the transactions to the hard
>drive but when I open up money it showes downloaded transations but
>they do not appear in my account register to accept or un accept.
>When I first started having problems afterdownloading the data I was
>able to go to find a transaction and select the dates that I was
>missing (or the exact dates I downloaded ) however now it will not
>find the data - although at the tip it will tell me the number of
>transations I need to look at.  When I select that it goes back to the
>regular register without the new data?  What can I do?  Anybody else
>with this problem!

Close Money

In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with
Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles.  You might want to decrease
the size of the Tools->InternetOptions->Settings Amount of disk
space to use to perhaps 50MB with dialup or 20 MB with broadband.

Then open Money with Start->Run and entering
"msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box.

Download your statement again.

After downloading from on-line banking - New transactions hidden

Post by Chas » Thu, 22 Jul 2004 00:04:16

I'm having the same problem, it started today after installing the Money
update. Tried Cal's solution that didn't work, I think it has something to
do with the update.

Chas D

> >I have been having problems with MS Money for two months.  First I was
> >able to work my way around it but now, it is simply not connecting the
> >dots.  After logging on to microsoft money and going to bank web site
> >to download current transations, I save the transactions to the hard
> >drive but when I open up money it showes downloaded transations but
> >they do not appear in my account register to accept or un accept.
> >When I first started having problems afterdownloading the data I was
> >able to go to find a transaction and select the dates that I was
> >missing (or the exact dates I downloaded ) however now it will not
> >find the data - although at the tip it will tell me the number of
> >transations I need to look at.  When I select that it goes back to the
> >regular register without the new data?  What can I do?  Anybody else
> >with this problem!

> Close Money

> In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with
> Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles.  You might want to decrease
> the size of the Tools->InternetOptions->Settings Amount of disk
> space to use to perhaps 50MB with dialup or 20 MB with broadband.

> Then open Money with Start->Run and entering
> "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box.

> Download your statement again.

After downloading from on-line banking - New transactions hidden

Post by Chery » Sat, 24 Jul 2004 04:35:42

I, too, am having this same problem.  I have used MONEY
since 2002 or so and have never encountered this.
HELP!!!!!!!!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have been having problems with MS Money for two

months.  First I was
Quote:>able to work my way around it but now, it is simply not
connecting the
>dots.  After logging on to microsoft money and going to
bank web site
>to download current transations, I save the transactions
to the hard
>drive but when I open up money it showes downloaded
transations but
>they do not appear in my account register to accept or
un accept.
>When I first started having problems afterdownloading
the data I was
>able to go to find a transaction and select the dates
that I was
>missing (or the exact dates I downloaded ) however now
it will not
>find the data - although at the tip it will tell me the
number of
>transations I need to look at.  When I select that it
goes back to the
>regular register without the new data?  What can I do?
Anybody else
>with this problem!
>.

After downloading from on-line banking - New transactions hidden

Post by CB » Sat, 24 Jul 2004 05:13:22

I also had this problem.  I called MS and got help and,
believe it or not... it's easy to fix.

Go to the account list and where it says "## transactions
to read", right click and delete the tranactions.

Then go to File, Repair Money File, Quick File Repair.
(This should only take a few moments and will take you
back to your sign in page.)

Go to your financial institution to download your
statement.

After the successful download, you should be able to read
your transactions.

I hope this works for you, it did for me.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have been having problems with MS Money for two

months.  First I was
Quote:>able to work my way around it but now, it is simply not
connecting the
>dots.  After logging on to microsoft money and going to
bank web site
>to download current transations, I save the transactions
to the hard
>drive but when I open up money it showes downloaded
transations but
>they do not appear in my account register to accept or
un accept.
>When I first started having problems afterdownloading
the data I was
>able to go to find a transaction and select the dates
that I was
>missing (or the exact dates I downloaded ) however now
it will not
>find the data - although at the tip it will tell me the
number of
>transations I need to look at.  When I select that it
goes back to the
>regular register without the new data?  What can I do?
Anybody else
>with this problem!
>.

After downloading from on-line banking - New transactions hidden

Post by dg » Mon, 02 Aug 2004 07:44:46

Thanks for this...it saved my life! Well, maybe that's an exaggeration
:-) ...but it sure felt like it!

Quote:> I also had this problem.  I called MS and got help and,
> believe it or not... it's easy to fix.

> Go to the account list and where it says "## transactions
> to read", right click and delete the tranactions.

> Then go to File, Repair Money File, Quick File Repair.
> (This should only take a few moments and will take you
> back to your sign in page.)

> Go to your financial institution to download your
> statement.

> After the successful download, you should be able to read
> your transactions.

> I hope this works for you, it did for me.

1. Bank statement downloads within Money stop working after adding MSN Money as on-line service

I have a Regions Bank account with on-line access to use Money. (Regions
requires a monthly service fee to provide statement downloads and billpay
services through Money, by the way.)  If I setup the Regions account all by
itself and enable on-line services in a new .mny file all seems to work
fine. However, when I add MSN Money with bill pay the statement downloads
for Regions stop, even though the log shows that the download completed
successfully. The downloaded balance (shown in the upper left corner of the
register window) shows the most recent download date & time, but the balance
stays the same day over day. I can download new entries directly from the
Regions web site, but again, the downloaded balance does not change.

I have tried everything except uninstalling and reinstalling Money.  Any
suggestions?

2. Ultima I

3. On-line bank that works with Money's download and bill pay

4. SNR

5. Downloading On-Line Banking Information

6. Unknown protocol (0x802b) received

7. on-line banking, transactions duplicate in Money98

8. Installing Warp - hardware BOOTUP Problem, HELP PLEASE!

9. Banking On-line with English Banks

10. On-Line Banking will not connect to bank.

11. New on-line services at institution but Money 2004 doesn't show th

12. New User- Problem with on-line quotes

13. Help please - new on-line accounts