Restore from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Standard

Restore from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Standard

Post by Piete » Thu, 01 Jun 2006 16:47:46

I am battling to get my previous version of Money 2004 Deluxe's backup
filed read by a newly installed Money 2005 Standard version. Can anyone
please assist - I'd hate to loose a few year's data!

I am going through the normal restore from backup file process, it does
the conversion and then after all that it says it can't read the
money.mny file.....
is this due to different versions, i.e. Standard vs Deluxe...

Kind regards
Pieter

Restore from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Standard

Post by Bob Peel, MV » Thu, 01 Jun 2006 17:12:25

See if this helps. http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/23.aspx

Also what are the last digits of the version number from Help > About. It
should be 14.0.xxx.1105.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

Quote:>I am battling to get my previous version of Money 2004 Deluxe's backup
> filed read by a newly installed Money 2005 Standard version. Can anyone
> please assist - I'd hate to loose a few year's data!

> I am going through the normal restore from backup file process, it does
> the conversion and then after all that it says it can't read the
> money.mny file.....
> is this due to different versions, i.e. Standard vs Deluxe...

> Kind regards
> Pieter

Restore from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Standard

Post by Bob Peel, MV » Thu, 01 Jun 2006 17:51:08

By the way you don't need to do a restore. M2005 can read the .mny file from
a previous version and upgrade it (there are some caveats to that however).
Normally just installing the new program will cause Money to find the
previous version's file. You can also navigate to the .mny file with My
Computer or Windows Explorer - double click on the file name and Money will
start.

However I suspect you haven't downloaded the M2005 patch as indicated in the
URL I posted.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,
Microsoft MVP - Money

For UK tips & fixes see

Quote:>I am battling to get my previous version of Money 2004 Deluxe's backup
> filed read by a newly installed Money 2005 Standard version. Can anyone
> please assist - I'd hate to loose a few year's data!

> I am going through the normal restore from backup file process, it does
> the conversion and then after all that it says it can't read the
> money.mny file.....
> is this due to different versions, i.e. Standard vs Deluxe...

> Kind regards
> Pieter

Restore from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Standard

Post by Piete » Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:31:06

Thanks Bob - looks like it got resolved!! Appreciated!

Pieter

> See if this helps. http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/23.aspx

> Also what are the last digits of the version number from Help > About. It
> should be 14.0.xxx.1105.

> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money

> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.

> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.

> >I am battling to get my previous version of Money 2004 Deluxe's backup
> > filed read by a newly installed Money 2005 Standard version. Can anyone
> > please assist - I'd hate to loose a few year's data!

> > I am going through the normal restore from backup file process, it does
> > the conversion and then after all that it says it can't read the
> > money.mny file.....
> > is this due to different versions, i.e. Standard vs Deluxe...

> > Kind regards
> > Pieter

Restore from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Standard

Post by Piete » Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:44:18

Correct - I initially did the M2005 offline and ofcourse no update was
initiated. Getting a bit frustrated I removed the previous version. But
all is fine now...

Thanks
P.