On-line bank that works with Money's download and bill pay

On-line bank that works with Money's download and bill pay

Post by test » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I'm interested in joining the "net banking" revolution.   I currently use a
standard brick and mortar institution (First Union) and have been using
direct statements and bill pay with Ms Money for 3 years now.  Does anyone
know of a "net" bank that integrates well with ms money?   Most of the "net"
banks I have seen use proprietary bill pay software that must be used
on-line (yuck).  Also, it doesn't seem like many offer direct statements.
The best I've seen is downloading QIF files, which is a cumbersome task.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated

jl

On-line bank that works with Money's download and bill pay

Post by Mylriah » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00

As far as statements go, I don't think there is anything you can do to get
much better than direct statements. As long as your bank downloads directly
into Money, I havn't found anything that could be asked for to improve on
that.

Bill pay on the other hand is different. I have had good luck with
Transpoint (http://www.transpoint.com).  So far it they have seems more
convenient (and timely) than using e-pays through my bank.  (Your mileage
may vary though, of course.)  And the bills DO download into Money, with
this incredibly big, blue, convenient button marked "Download to Money."  :)
The drawback is that this is a second service, so you would have to deal
with your bank AND them, and I believe they charge a small fee.  If you can
get past these small "hassels" , it might be what your looking for.

-Mylriahd

Quote:> I'm interested in joining the "net banking" revolution.   I currently use
> standard brick and mortar institution (First Union) and have been using
> direct statements and bill pay with Ms Money for 3 years now.  Does anyone
> know of a "net" bank that integrates well with ms money?   Most of the
"net"
> banks I have seen use proprietary bill pay software that must be used
> on-line (yuck).  Also, it doesn't seem like many offer direct statements.
> The best I've seen is downloading QIF files, which is a cumbersome task.

> Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated

> jl

On-line bank that works with Money's download and bill pay

Post by Arist » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

With Transpoint Bill Pay can you pay a bill "offline" and next time you
connect it gets sent to Transpoint?

I'd like to sit down with Money 2000, pay my bills and then connect to the
net and upload them all.

TIA

> As far as statements go, I don't think there is anything you can do to get
> much better than direct statements. As long as your bank downloads
directly
> into Money, I havn't found anything that could be asked for to improve on
> that.

> Bill pay on the other hand is different. I have had good luck with
> Transpoint (http://www.transpoint.com).  So far it they have seems more
> convenient (and timely) than using e-pays through my bank.  (Your mileage
> may vary though, of course.)  And the bills DO download into Money, with
> this incredibly big, blue, convenient button marked "Download to Money."
:)
> The drawback is that this is a second service, so you would have to deal
> with your bank AND them, and I believe they charge a small fee.  If you
can
> get past these small "hassels" , it might be what your looking for.

> -Mylriahd

> > I'm interested in joining the "net banking" revolution.   I currently
use
> > standard brick and mortar institution (First Union) and have been using
> > direct statements and bill pay with Ms Money for 3 years now.  Does
anyone
> > know of a "net" bank that integrates well with ms money?   Most of the
> "net"
> > banks I have seen use proprietary bill pay software that must be used
> > on-line (yuck).  Also, it doesn't seem like many offer direct
statements.
> > The best I've seen is downloading QIF files, which is a cumbersome task.

> > Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated

> > jl

On-line bank that works with Money's download and bill pay

Post by Mylriah » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Not as far as I know, Money takes you directly to the web site anytime you
play with any transaction.  So when I want to make a payment, or even look
at an ebill in money, it connects to Transpoint.

E-Pay is the only thing I know of that works like what you want, you can
arrange the payments, and then connect to your bank to send the e-pay
requests.  You could do a whole slew of them, then connect a few days later
to send the requests. (You just have to keep in mind when the payment is
due, and how long it takes for the bank to process your request.)  That
requires that your bank offer e-pay services though (direct payments).

> With Transpoint Bill Pay can you pay a bill "offline" and next time you
> connect it gets sent to Transpoint?

> I'd like to sit down with Money 2000, pay my bills and then connect to the
> net and upload them all.

> TIA

> > As far as statements go, I don't think there is anything you can do to
get
> > much better than direct statements. As long as your bank downloads
> directly
> > into Money, I havn't found anything that could be asked for to improve
on
> > that.

> > Bill pay on the other hand is different. I have had good luck with
> > Transpoint (http://www.transpoint.com).  So far it they have seems more
> > convenient (and timely) than using e-pays through my bank.  (Your
mileage
> > may vary though, of course.)  And the bills DO download into Money, with
> > this incredibly big, blue, convenient button marked "Download to Money."
> :)
> > The drawback is that this is a second service, so you would have to deal
> > with your bank AND them, and I believe they charge a small fee.  If you
> can
> > get past these small "hassels" , it might be what your looking for.

> > -Mylriahd

> > > I'm interested in joining the "net banking" revolution.   I currently
> use
> > > standard brick and mortar institution (First Union) and have been
using
> > > direct statements and bill pay with Ms Money for 3 years now.  Does
> anyone
> > > know of a "net" bank that integrates well with ms money?   Most of the
> > "net"
> > > banks I have seen use proprietary bill pay software that must be used
> > > on-line (yuck).  Also, it doesn't seem like many offer direct
> statements.
> > > The best I've seen is downloading QIF files, which is a cumbersome
task.

> > > Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated

> > > jl

On-line bank that works with Money's download and bill pay

Post by Arist » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Sorry to sound like a newbie, but where do I find out which banks support
e-pay?

TIA!

> Not as far as I know, Money takes you directly to the web site anytime you
> play with any transaction.  So when I want to make a payment, or even look
> at an ebill in money, it connects to Transpoint.

> E-Pay is the only thing I know of that works like what you want, you can
> arrange the payments, and then connect to your bank to send the e-pay
> requests.  You could do a whole slew of them, then connect a few days
later
> to send the requests. (You just have to keep in mind when the payment is
> due, and how long it takes for the bank to process your request.)  That
> requires that your bank offer e-pay services though (direct payments).

> > With Transpoint Bill Pay can you pay a bill "offline" and next time you
> > connect it gets sent to Transpoint?

> > I'd like to sit down with Money 2000, pay my bills and then connect to
the
> > net and upload them all.

> > TIA

> > > As far as statements go, I don't think there is anything you can do to
> get
> > > much better than direct statements. As long as your bank downloads
> > directly
> > > into Money, I havn't found anything that could be asked for to improve
> on
> > > that.

> > > Bill pay on the other hand is different. I have had good luck with
> > > Transpoint (http://www.transpoint.com).  So far it they have seems
more
> > > convenient (and timely) than using e-pays through my bank.  (Your
> mileage
> > > may vary though, of course.)  And the bills DO download into Money,
with
> > > this incredibly big, blue, convenient button marked "Download to
Money."
> > :)
> > > The drawback is that this is a second service, so you would have to
deal
> > > with your bank AND them, and I believe they charge a small fee.  If
you
> > can
> > > get past these small "hassels" , it might be what your looking for.

> > > -Mylriahd

> > use
> using
> > anyone
> > > "net"
> > statements.
> task.

On-line bank that works with Money's download and bill pay

Post by Jonathan Salkof » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Actually, First Union is very well integrated with Money, and you can send
payment instructions once you've been enabled for Money with their online
services.

I am also looking for banks that have this feature -- on the Money 2000
website, they list banks that have online banking, but I want to pay bills
through money, and not have to enter a website and actually send the
payments.

Which other banks are supporting direct bill pay through Money?  Anyone?

Jonathan

> Sorry to sound like a newbie, but where do I find out which banks support
> e-pay?

> TIA!

> > Not as far as I know, Money takes you directly to the web site anytime
you
> > play with any transaction.  So when I want to make a payment, or even
look
> > at an ebill in money, it connects to Transpoint.

> > E-Pay is the only thing I know of that works like what you want, you can
> > arrange the payments, and then connect to your bank to send the e-pay
> > requests.  You could do a whole slew of them, then connect a few days
> later
> > to send the requests. (You just have to keep in mind when the payment is
> > due, and how long it takes for the bank to process your request.)  That
> > requires that your bank offer e-pay services though (direct payments).

> > > With Transpoint Bill Pay can you pay a bill "offline" and next time
you
> > > connect it gets sent to Transpoint?

> > > I'd like to sit down with Money 2000, pay my bills and then connect to
> the
> > > net and upload them all.

> > > TIA

> > get
> > > directly
> > on

> more
> > mileage
> with
> Money."
> > > :)
> deal
> you
> > > can

> currently
> > > use
> > using
Does
> > > anyone
> the
> used
> > > statements.
> > task.

On-line bank that works with Money's download and bill pay

Post by Arist » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I *think* wells fargo here in California does. I'm still looking for that
"perfect" bank.

1. Tight integration with money
2. Pay the bill in money and upon next connection it gets sent to the bank
3. When connecting to the bank, it returns the status of each bill (not a
statement)
4. ATM's around the country that support withdraw AND deposit
5. Support via e-mail 24 hours a day

> Actually, First Union is very well integrated with Money, and you can send
> payment instructions once you've been enabled for Money with their online
> services.

> I am also looking for banks that have this feature -- on the Money 2000
> website, they list banks that have online banking, but I want to pay bills
> through money, and not have to enter a website and actually send the
> payments.

> Which other banks are supporting direct bill pay through Money?  Anyone?

> Jonathan

> > Sorry to sound like a newbie, but where do I find out which banks
support
> > e-pay?

> > TIA!

> > > Not as far as I know, Money takes you directly to the web site anytime
> you
> > > play with any transaction.  So when I want to make a payment, or even
> look
> > > at an ebill in money, it connects to Transpoint.

> > > E-Pay is the only thing I know of that works like what you want, you
can
> > > arrange the payments, and then connect to your bank to send the e-pay
> > > requests.  You could do a whole slew of them, then connect a few days
> > later
> > > to send the requests. (You just have to keep in mind when the payment
is
> > > due, and how long it takes for the bank to process your request.)
That
> > > requires that your bank offer e-pay services though (direct payments).

> you

> > the

> > > get
> improve
> > > on

> > more
> > > mileage
Money,
> > with
> > Money."
> > deal
If
> > you
for.

> > currently
> > > using
> Does
> > the
> > used
> > > task.

On-line bank that works with Money's download and bill pay

Post by Ricard » Wed, 05 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I am thrilled with WellsFargo & Money-
servers update a little late for my taste over weekends(stuff doesn't show
up until Tuesday usually) but besides that it's great.

Yes to the Bill pay
right click on any e-pay and choose Payment Status
ATMs- not sure, but with the NorWest merger, there should be many

Email support not so hot, but I have been balancing my books at 11pm, and
called support- and received quick resolution.
WFB is # 1 in electronic banking for a while now-

HTH

> I *think* wells fargo here in California does. I'm still looking for that
> "perfect" bank.

> 1. Tight integration with money
> 2. Pay the bill in money and upon next connection it gets sent to the bank
> 3. When connecting to the bank, it returns the status of each bill (not a
> statement)
> 4. ATM's around the country that support withdraw AND deposit
> 5. Support via e-mail 24 hours a day

> > Actually, First Union is very well integrated with Money, and you can
send
> > payment instructions once you've been enabled for Money with their
online
> > services.

> > I am also looking for banks that have this feature -- on the Money 2000
> > website, they list banks that have online banking, but I want to pay
bills
> > through money, and not have to enter a website and actually send the
> > payments.

> > Which other banks are supporting direct bill pay through Money?  Anyone?

> > Jonathan

> > > Sorry to sound like a newbie, but where do I find out which banks
> support
> > > e-pay?

> > > TIA!

> > you
> > look

> can
> > > later
> is
> That
payments).

> > you

> > > the

> do
> > improve

> > > more
(Your
> Money,
> > > with
> > > Money."
> > > deal
> If
> > > you
> for.

> > > currently
> been
> > Does
Most
> of
> > > the
> > > used
> cumbersome

On-line bank that works with Money's download and bill pay

Post by Gene » Wed, 05 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Being in California, I looked into this one myself but is $8.00 a month for
25 bill pays right?

My current bank is free and unlimited but alas, no "money" bill pay. I'm
hoping that MoneyCentral gets it together but then again, MoneyCentral is
$5.95 for 20 and $2.95 for 10 additional. I generally pay about 20 a month
so I'll save a few bucks. Then again... if Wells Fargo offered "online
bills" I'm there in a minute. That's the only reason I'm trying MoneyCentral

regards,

Gene

> I am thrilled with WellsFargo & Money-
> servers update a little late for my taste over weekends(stuff doesn't show
> up until Tuesday usually) but besides that it's great.

> Yes to the Bill pay
> right click on any e-pay and choose Payment Status
> ATMs- not sure, but with the NorWest merger, there should be many

> Email support not so hot, but I have been balancing my books at 11pm, and
> called support- and received quick resolution.
> WFB is # 1 in electronic banking for a while now-

> HTH

> > I *think* wells fargo here in California does. I'm still looking for
that
> > "perfect" bank.

> > 1. Tight integration with money
> > 2. Pay the bill in money and upon next connection it gets sent to the
bank
> > 3. When connecting to the bank, it returns the status of each bill (not
> > statement)
> > 4. ATM's around the country that support withdraw AND deposit
> > 5. Support via e-mail 24 hours a day

> > > Actually, First Union is very well integrated with Money, and you can
> send
> > > payment instructions once you've been enabled for Money with their
> online
> > > services.

> > > I am also looking for banks that have this feature -- on the Money
2000
> > > website, they list banks that have online banking, but I want to pay
> bills
> > > through money, and not have to enter a website and actually send the
> > > payments.

> > > Which other banks are supporting direct bill pay through Money?
Anyone?

> > > Jonathan

> > support

> anytime
> > > you
> even
> > > look

> > can
> e-pay
> days
> payment
> > is
> > That
> payments).

> time
> > > you

> connect

> > do
> downloads
> > > improve

> with
> seems
> (Your
> > Money,

> > If
> > for.

> > been
> > > Does
> Most
> > of
> be
> > cumbersome

1. Bank statement downloads within Money stop working after adding MSN Money as on-line service

I have a Regions Bank account with on-line access to use Money. (Regions
requires a monthly service fee to provide statement downloads and billpay
services through Money, by the way.)  If I setup the Regions account all by
itself and enable on-line services in a new .mny file all seems to work
fine. However, when I add MSN Money with bill pay the statement downloads
for Regions stop, even though the log shows that the download completed
successfully. The downloaded balance (shown in the upper left corner of the
register window) shows the most recent download date & time, but the balance
stays the same day over day. I can download new entries directly from the
Regions web site, but again, the downloaded balance does not change.

I have tried everything except uninstalling and reinstalling Money.  Any
suggestions?

2. A1000 memory

3. On-line Banking & Bill Paying: Quicken 6.0 vs Money 97

4. New 200K gate, low cost FPGA proto kit

5. Money 2000 and paying bills on-line.

6. UMBC AgentNews v6n23 http://agents.umbc.edu/06/23/

7. On-line update for accumulation units doesn't work

8. How to

9. Lost On-Line billing w/ Money '98

10. On-line Bill Pay - Changing from Checkfree to MSN

11. On-line Banking in Money 98 Doesn't Update

12. After downloading from on-line banking - New transactions hidden

13. How will this work: Changing bill payer from MSN Bill Pay to my bank