Unrealized gans/losses by investment lot

Unrealized gans/losses by investment lot

Post by Jeff » Tue, 11 Jul 2006 02:41:08

Is there a way to view the unrealized gains or losses per investment by
each lot?   I understand that Gainskeeper will provide this, but is
there a way to create such a report or view this detail within Money?

Thanks.

Jeff

Unrealized gans/losses by investment lot

Post by Cal Learner-- MV » Tue, 11 Jul 2006 02:45:17

Quote:>Is there a way to view the unrealized gains or losses per investment by
>each lot?   I understand that Gainskeeper will provide this, but is
>there a way to create such a report or view this detail within Money?

There is more than one way. The easy way is to configure the
PriceAppreciation column into your favorite Portfolio view.

ChangePortfolioView->CustomizeCurrentView->PortfolioColumns

Unrealized gans/losses by investment lot

Post by Jeff » Tue, 11 Jul 2006 02:59:43

Thanks.  I should have been clearer.

I'm looking for a way to view gains or losses by individual investment
lot.  For example, if you have a mutual fund with regular monthly
investments, in the portfolio view it shows the fund as one line with
an average purchase price.  If you click on the + symbol to the left of
the fund name in the portfolio view it will show the individual lots
along with the date, activity, quantity, price and amount.  However,
this view doesn't show the gain or loss.  I also can't find a report
which will break it down by lot.

Jeff

> >Is there a way to view the unrealized gains or losses per investment by
> >each lot?   I understand that Gainskeeper will provide this, but is
> >there a way to create such a report or view this detail within Money?

> There is more than one way. The easy way is to configure the
> PriceAppreciation column into your favorite Portfolio view.

> ChangePortfolioView->CustomizeCurrentView->PortfolioColumns

Unrealized gans/losses by investment lot

Post by Cal Learner-- MV » Tue, 11 Jul 2006 03:57:19

Quote:>Thanks.  I should have been clearer.

>I'm looking for a way to view gains or losses by individual investment
>lot.  For example, if you have a mutual fund with regular monthly
>investments, in the portfolio view it shows the fund as one line with
>an average purchase price.  If you click on the + symbol to the left of
>the fund name in the portfolio view it will show the individual lots
>along with the date, activity, quantity, price and amount.  However,
>this view doesn't show the gain or loss.  I also can't find a report
>which will break it down by lot.

In Money 2005 or 2006, see
Investing->InvestingTools->CapitalGainsEstimator->EstimateCapitalGains.

In the left column, UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesOnline

Note the UnrealizedGain column. Click the [+] in front of a security
to expand into lots for a given security.

Optionally, you can select a Distribution Method at the top. Enter a
value into the QuantityToSell column to the right of an investment
name, and it will allocate the lots according to the method.

At the bottom it will report the summation of the "proposed sales".

Unrealized gans/losses by investment lot

Post by Jeff » Tue, 11 Jul 2006 04:49:53

Excellent!  That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks very much.

Jeff

> >Thanks.  I should have been clearer.

> >I'm looking for a way to view gains or losses by individual investment
> >lot.  For example, if you have a mutual fund with regular monthly
> >investments, in the portfolio view it shows the fund as one line with
> >an average purchase price.  If you click on the + symbol to the left of
> >the fund name in the portfolio view it will show the individual lots
> >along with the date, activity, quantity, price and amount.  However,
> >this view doesn't show the gain or loss.  I also can't find a report
> >which will break it down by lot.

> In Money 2005 or 2006, see
> Investing->InvestingTools->CapitalGainsEstimator->EstimateCapitalGains.

> In the left column, UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesOnline

> Note the UnrealizedGain column. Click the [+] in front of a security
> to expand into lots for a given security.

> Optionally, you can select a Distribution Method at the top. Enter a
> value into the QuantityToSell column to the right of an investment
> name, and it will allocate the lots according to the method.

> At the bottom it will report the summation of the "proposed sales".

1. Unrealized Gains or Losses in the Investment area of Money 99 Financial Suite

Is there any way to have Money 99 Financial Suite to correctly calculate the
gains or losses in the Investment area? In the Investment area, Money
correctly calculates the unrealized gain or loss when a stock is purchased
for the first time, but when the stock is sold, for some reason, Money keeps
track of stock's data. Then, when the same stock is repurchased, using the
same name and symbol, Money picks up the stock's data from the first stock
is purchase. In the Investment area, this causes Money to incorrectly
calculate the unrealized gain or loss when the stock is repurchased. From
purchase date when a stock is purchased for the first time, why does Money
keep track of the stock's data and when the is repurchased the data is
combined with the previous purchases? Is there any way to prevent Money from
doing this? Is deleting the stock from the Investment area causing the
problem? In the Reports - Investments area, when a stock is repurchased,
Money correctly calculates the unrealized gain or loss.

--
Regards,
Michael

Note: My reply address is modified to avoid spam. When replying directly to

2. The Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years - February 1987

3. Unrealized Gains/Losses

4. Disable A3000's A2091?

5. Unrealized gains/losses as income/expense

6. MS-DOS ERROR #12

7. Unrealized Losses Refresher, Anyone?

8. Logitech Mouse Pb

9. UNrealized Gain/Loss - 401(k)

10. unrealized gain/loss on money markets

11. Portfolio / Report Question: Gain/Loss on Lots

12. NEED extra income CLICK here for LOTS of $$$MONEY NO JOKE LOTS of money

13. Investment: recording a loss