Corrupt MNY file Corrupt Backups

Post by Mike » Tue, 27 Jan 2004 04:05:28

After a system crash and a reinstall I can not open any
MNY or backup files. I have run Salvage.exe and was told
irrepairable. I can not open the file to do
and "import/export" I have ensured they are not read only.
I read the public forums but most fixes assume you can
open the file or the backup to repair it. Is there anyway
other ways to repair my data?

Corrupt MNY file Corrupt Backups

Post by Dick Watso » Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:35:07

Not sounding good here. See http://www.veryComputer.com/#Q104. But it
sounds like you have exhausted most of your options.

But I am kinda mystified why a "system crash" would mung a Money file. Are
you sure you have the same or newer version of Money on the reinstall side
with all of the Internet Upgrades? When you had your "system crash" did the
machine run amuck writing *in random disk files?

Quote:> After a system crash and a reinstall I can not open any
> MNY or backup files. I have run Salvage.exe and was told
> irrepairable. I can not open the file to do
> and "import/export" I have ensured they are not read only.
> I read the public forums but most fixes assume you can
> open the file or the backup to repair it. Is there anyway
> other ways to repair my data?

1. Corrupt or Not MNY file message on opening file in money 97

I recently changed my hard drive saved my mny
files to floppy to prevent any problems but having
reinstalled money97 on the new drive it refuses to
open my mny files from floppy or restore from
my money backup disk   The prog. simply gives the
error message "this is a corrupt file or not a mny
file". Can anyone help please?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. CapsLock <-> Control swap on Sun Type 5 keyboard

3. Help with Corrupt Backup Money Backup File

4. LAyout extraction

5. Corrupted File on Disk or Not a Backup File

6. BGP route redistribution

7. File MNY corrupted

8. Backup Failures IRIX 6.5.6

9. MS Money Standard 2005 - Corrupted MNY and MBF files

10. Corrupt .mny file in Money 2000.

11. Can't restore corrupt MNY file

12. Corrupt .mny & .mbf files

13. Corrupt *.mny file