Averaging monthly expenses

Post by Eric » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 14:13:52

I would like to average my monthly expenses for the past
several months, but can not find a report to allow me to
do so.  Is there some way to do this?  Thanks in advance.
(I hope this isn't too obvious)

Averaging monthly expenses

Post by LPA » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 23:26:49

This may be a little of a manual effort, but can you take the total from
the time period you want to average and just divide ? If I want to
average over a year I would produce a report for the past 12 months, and
then just divide all of the numbers by 12.

patrick

>I would like to average my monthly expenses for the past
>several months, but can not find a report to allow me to
>do so.  Is there some way to do this?  Thanks in advance.
>(I hope this isn't too obvious)

Averaging monthly expenses

Post by Eric » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 00:59:10

Yes, I can do that, but I've got about 35 different sub-
categories of expenses.  Would be much easier to select an
option in the program if it's available.  Plus, I could
produce a report and track it over time.

Averaging monthly expenses

Post by MS New » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 03:26:42

Well, the way I used to do this a few versions ago was to let Money generate
a budget.  I don't know how budgeting works in the past couple of versions,
but I assume there is still an option to automatically generate a budget and
I believe that would give you a monthly estimate for every category you use.
I don't know if there would be a way though to generate one for each year so
you could see the changes over time.  Might not even be worth considering,
but I thought I'd offer the idea anyway just in case it's the only possible
option for you.

Cheers, Dave
.

Quote:> Yes, I can do that, but I've got about 35 different sub-
> categories of expenses.  Would be much easier to select an
> option in the program if it's available.  Plus, I could
> produce a report and track it over time.

1. Need Report of Average Monthly Expenses

Using Money 2002 Deluxe.  I would like to see a report of an average of
expenses per month for all categories / subcategories for a given period of
time, such as last 12 months.  It would be a short report.  How much have I
spent on average per month for the last 12 months on groceries, for example.
I can't seem to figure out how to do that.  I can get a report for a given
month of actual expenses, but not a monthly average over many months.  Does
anyone have an idea how to do that?

John

2. CDPD Data Services

3. average monthly data

4. DOWNLOAD generated XML from a dataset.

5. Monthly expenditure averages in Money 2000?

6. IRQ handling in windows DOS box

7. Monthly averages?

8. Decompression Tool for *.lzh

9. Can Money give a monthly average report?

10. Error on Monthly Income & Expenses Report

11. How do you reallocate yearly expenses in monthly budget?

12. Monthly Income and Expenses

13. Trade income and losses in Monthly Income and Expenses