Deleted stock symbol

Post by Guy » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:35:47

When I first started using money when I sold a stock, I
deleted a stock symbol by actually deleting the symbol.
Now I have bought the stock again and Money will not let
me enter the stock because it can not find a symbol for
it.
Also I have a stock that has changed its name but kept
the same symbol, I can't change the name because Money
thinks the symbol is for a different stock.

How do I re enter the deleted symbol and correct the name
change problem?
Thanks
Guy

Deleted stock symbol

Post by Dick Watso » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:58:10

I'm assuming you deleted the investment and left the symbol in it rather
than deleted the symbol and left the investment around. If this is not the
case, then these instructions are wrong and Cal will have to bail both of us
out.

Enter a buy for the old symbol.

Go into Portfolio|Investments|Work with investments|Choose a specific
investment|[name].

Delete the symbol for this investment.

Go into Portfolio|Investments|Work with investments|Choose a specific
investment|[name].

Delete the investment.

Have I ever added this one to the FAQ? I really out to check one of these
days...

Quote:> When I first started using money when I sold a stock, I
> deleted a stock symbol by actually deleting the symbol.
> Now I have bought the stock again and Money will not let
> me enter the stock because it can not find a symbol for
> it.
> Also I have a stock that has changed its name but kept
> the same symbol, I can't change the name because Money
> thinks the symbol is for a different stock.

> How do I re enter the deleted symbol and correct the name
> change problem?

1. Delete stock symbol or reuse stock symbol

I deleted a stock from my brokerage account and later ried
to re-enter but it states that symbol, "FASMX", is already
in use.

Also I entered a stock with the symbol "CE" and later that
day tried to enter more of that stock but it also stated I
could not use that symbol because it was already in use.

Any Advice?

Thanks

2. setting exchange mailbox access using adsi

3. How to delete stock symbols from update quotes list ?

4. Morrowind: Peformance problems - jerky movement

5. Old Stock ticker symbols need 2B deleted

6. New Boulderdash game: Excellent!

7. Delete Old Stock Symbols ? HOW

8. neXt box?

9. Deleting Investment/Stock Symbols

10. Money 98 Delete symbols from obsolete symbols file

11. Need to delete a ticker symbol from an account I deleted

12. Stock Symbols for investments without symbols

13. Many old, unwanted stock symbols in symbol list