Restore

Post by Anto » Tue, 16 Sep 2003 00:29:46

I'm trying to restore my latest money 95 backup, but the
file extention on the file is MBF not mny.  Does't seem
to like that extention (mbf).  That extention was
automatically assign by Money 95 when I did the backup.
Is there anything I can do to restore that file???

Thanks

Restore

Post by Cal Learner-- M » Tue, 16 Sep 2003 00:35:25

>I'm trying to restore my latest money 95 backup, but the
>file extention on the file is MBF not mny.  Does't seem
>to like that extention (mbf).  That extention was
>automatically assign by Money 95 when I did the backup.
>Is there anything I can do to restore that file???

You are doing File->Restore->RestoreFromABackup...->LetMeBrowse... ?

During the restore, don't try to restore to the default location.
That location may not exist on the new computer. Instead, Browse to
My Documents.

1. How do I restore a backup file?!

I am trying to load my file from system to another. On computer A in Money,
I backed up the file so it's mymoney.mbf. I installed Money 2005 (same
version as on computer A), started Money. Restore mmoney.mbf off my
thumbdrive. Next screen - Name the restored file - I browse the path to My
Documents and call it mymoney.mbf (I have also tried various names here).
Next screen it says to sign in to Money - I enter my password and click sign
in. it tries something and then comes back with the error
---------------------------------------
Money cannot locate c:\mymoney (shortend path here) or cannot open it,
possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to
change it or your disk drive is write protected.

If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need
to click OK and open your most recent backup file.

If the file is being used by another application, close it in the other
application and click OK to try again.
---------------------------------------

No duh it cant locate it, its supposed to be restoring my backup to this NEW
file. Click OK to open your most reent backup file? Thats what I am trying
to do!

Any help?

BTW - I tried just opening the file mymoney.mny and it wants to convert it
to use with this version of money - whats the deal - its the same version!
Then I get the errors as above.

TIA

2. NT Apps on an SGI ? Want Best of Both Worlds

3. Restoring to a certain date

4. Bitmap buttons

5. Restore from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Standard

6. Complete control of WebService response

7. Restoring Money after system crash???

8. FW: Just wondering how everyone is doing

9. Restoring backup from different Passport

10. Money 2005 Restoring Backups

11. No updates after restore

12. Restoring Money file to a new PC

13. Will not restore a backup file