Recording multiple checks in a single deposit

Recording multiple checks in a single deposit

Post by hodgdo » Sat, 08 Nov 2003 03:46:56

This seems like it's probably brutally simple, but I
can't figure it out: how do I record multiple check
numbers in a single deposit?

The deposit consists of a couple checks from my primary
checking account which I'm depositing, along with some
cash, as a single deposit transcation in a different
checking account.

Using MS Money Deluxe 2003.

- sph

Post by Cal Learner-- M » Sat, 08 Nov 2003 03:58:10

>This seems like it's probably brutally simple, but I
>can't figure it out: how do I record multiple check
>numbers in a single deposit?

>The deposit consists of a couple checks from my primary
>checking account which I'm depositing, along with some
>cash, as a single deposit transcation in a different
>checking account.

>Using MS Money Deluxe 2003.

You can enter a Split.

Recording multiple checks in a single deposit

Post by <anonym.. » Sat, 08 Nov 2003 04:22:14

Quote:

>You can enter a Split.

>.

Yes, I know how the split thing works...but it doesn't
appear to allow you to enter checks from another account.

Recording multiple checks in a single deposit

Post by Cal Learner-- M » Sat, 08 Nov 2003 04:37:35

Quote:

>>You can enter a Split.

>>.
>Yes, I know how the split thing works...but it doesn't
>appear to allow you to enter checks from another account.

Most checks are from another account. But I guess you want these to
be entered as transfers.

Try CommonTransactions->Deposit->DepositMultipleItems when you first
start the deposit transaction.

Recording multiple checks in a single deposit

Post by Dick Watso » Sat, 08 Nov 2003 04:40:26

Transfer:AccountA ($100) and Transfer:AccountB ($100) in splits in a
transaction in AccountC will result in a $200 increase in the balance of
AccountC.

Quote:

> >You can enter a Split.

> >.
> Yes, I know how the split thing works...but it doesn't
> appear to allow you to enter checks from another account.

Recording multiple checks in a single deposit

Post by Scott Tyle » Sat, 08 Nov 2003 04:41:28

Quote:

> >You can enter a Split.

> >.
> Yes, I know how the split thing works...but it doesn't
> appear to allow you to enter checks from another account.

If you have a cash account to track your day-to-day spending, you can
deposit all the checks to your "wallet", which will allow you to record full
details (dates, check numbers, splits, etc), then make a single transfer to
your checking account from there.

--
Scott Tyler
agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com

1. record multiple invoices to a single deposit

Hello,

I was trying to find a way to post several invoices to a
single deposit.  Is this possible?  For example, I
receive payment for a $25 and a payment for $45 I will
make a deposit to the bank for $70, but in my money
register it shows as a $25 and $45 deposit on the same
day.  I would like for the money register to match the
actual deposit amount.

Thank you in advance.

2. Apology to comp.protocols.snmp

3. Single deposit from multiple invoices?

4. MUD programming

5. Paying Multiple Invoices with single deposit

6. USR USB 56k External and WinFax

7. Multiple payees on a single deposit

8. SUPER-PC

9. Multiple deposits for a single entry

10. How do I pay multiple loans with a single check?

11. Multiple loans, multiple rates, single payment

12. How do I record multiple deposits?

13. Depositing Multiple Checks...