Delete stock symbol or reuse stock symbol

Delete stock symbol or reuse stock symbol

Post by Stan » Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:25:32

I deleted a stock from my brokerage account and later ried
to re-enter but it states that symbol, "FASMX", is already
in use.

Also I entered a stock with the symbol "CE" and later that
day tried to enter more of that stock but it also stated I
could not use that symbol because it was already in use.

Any Advice?

Thanks

Post by Cal Learner-- M » Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:40:13

>I deleted a stock from my brokerage account and later ried
>to re-enter but it states that symbol, "FASMX", is already
>in use.

The next time you "delete" a stock, blank the symbol first. At least
until you get a newer version that can actually delete a stock that
does not have transactions.

You may be able to undelete the stock/fund with the FASMX symbol by
temporarily entering a dividend for it. Delete the dividend after
you undelete.

Quote:

>Also I entered a stock with the symbol "CE" and later that
>day tried to enter more of that stock but it also stated I
>could not use that symbol because it was already in use.

You got a message that a symbol is already in use?  Create a
security only once. Thereafter choose it from the drop-down list.