Debt Reduction Planner

Post by Stephen & Erica Chenell » Mon, 12 Jan 2004 02:59:40

I have an Automobile in the debt reduction planner and it shows i made a
4000 payment this month when i didn't.  My payments are recorded accurately.
It shows up just in the debt reduction planner.  Any Ideas how to make the
Debt reduction planner not display a 4000 payment.  Its like it was done
automatically.  Both sliding bars are set to 0 and it still shows a payment
of 4000

TIA

--
Stephen and Erica Chenelle

Debt Reduction Planner

Post by JASO » Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:21:37

I have the same problem!!  I tried to set up 5 credit card
accounts in the Debt Reduction Planner, but it has me
making a HUGE baloon payment on one account right up
front.  No matter if I try removing the account from the
list and adding it back, the results are the same: an
unwanted phantom baloon payment appears, which of course
skews all the calculations and renders the whole feature
useless.  If you or anyone discovers a fix for this, do
everyone a favor and post!!!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have an Automobile in the debt reduction planner and it
shows i made a
>4000 payment this month when i didn't.  My payments are

recorded accurately.
Quote:>It shows up just in the debt reduction planner.  Any

Ideas how to make the
Quote:>Debt reduction planner not display a 4000 payment.  Its
like it was done
>automatically.  Both sliding bars are set to 0 and it

still shows a payment
Quote:>of 4000

>TIA

>--
>Stephen and Erica Chenelle

>.

Debt Reduction Planner

Post by Jeff » Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:52:45

It is very confusing without any explanation. I worked with if for a period
of time and I think I solved my situation. What it is doing is accounting
for current monthly payment in the bottom slide bar as being the one time
payment. Example. If you are setting up your debt reduction it kicks into
effect for the next month such as February. However, if you have not made
the January payments on certain accounts yet it combines their total and
counts them as being the one time payment. I got around it by saying all
bills were paid for the current month so it would then begin my plan on the
next upcoming month.

Quote:> I have the same problem!!  I tried to set up 5 credit card
> accounts in the Debt Reduction Planner, but it has me
> making a HUGE baloon payment on one account right up
> front.  No matter if I try removing the account from the
> list and adding it back, the results are the same: an
> unwanted phantom baloon payment appears, which of course
> skews all the calculations and renders the whole feature
> useless.  If you or anyone discovers a fix for this, do
> everyone a favor and post!!!

Debt Reduction Planner

Post by Viggo Fai » Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:05:17

Quote:> It is very confusing without any explanation. I worked with if for a period
> of time and I think I solved my situation. What it is doing is accounting
> for current monthly payment in the bottom slide bar as being the one time
> payment. Example. If you are setting up your debt reduction it kicks into
> effect for the next month such as February. However, if you have not made
> the January payments on certain accounts yet it combines their total and
> counts them as being the one time payment. I got around it by saying all
> bills were paid for the current month so it would then begin my plan on the
> next upcoming month.

You are a genius!  I didn't realize that was the problem and I've money
since 97 came out.  This has been one of my biggest pet peeves with
Money.  Thank you.
--
Vsevo Khoroshego,
Viggo

1. Debt reduction planner vs. budget planner

I am running Money 2002 Standard OEM Edition, version
10.0.  I notice that on the "Review Your Current Budget
Status" page of the Budget Planner, the amount listed for
Debt does not match the total debt listed in the Debt
Reduction Planner.  This is true for whatever time period
is selected.  Why don't these figures match?  Thanks...

2. Deskjet 890C & Mac, anybody tried this?

3. Debt Reduction Planner \ Budget Planner

4. Can someone please explain this to me?

5. Debt Reduction Planner problem

6. IFF viewer for PC

7. Debt Reduction Planner strange behavior ms2006

8. prototype PBX-Unix-ATM?

9. what happened to debt reduction planner in mny06

10. Debt Reduction Planner not giving desired results

11. debt reduction planner

12. Debt Reduction Planner Figure in Budget

13. Deleting Account in the Debt Reduction Planner (Money 2003)