How do I remove old, old, old stock prices from investment summary on page 1??

How do I remove old, old, old stock prices from investment summary on page 1??

Post by Lewi » Wed, 15 Sep 2004 01:26:13

I have sold a mutual fund over 2 years ago and I noticed
that   its latest price still shows up on page one under
the Investment Summary section.  Does anyone know how I can
get this mutual fund price off of this list??  I sold all
of its shares and the mutual fund account has a $0.00
value, yet the fund price still shows on page one.

Thanks for any help you can pass on.

Lewis

How do I remove old, old, old stock prices from investment summary on page 1??

Post by Glyn Simpson, MV » Wed, 15 Sep 2004 01:35:35

http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=98 might do it. I'm not sure which page 1
is, but this mechanism might do so. Take a file backup before you start if
in any doubt.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

Quote:>I have sold a mutual fund over 2 years ago and I noticed
> that   its latest price still shows up on page one under
> the Investment Summary section.  Does anyone know how I can
> get this mutual fund price off of this list??  I sold all
> of its shares and the mutual fund account has a $0.00
> value, yet the fund price still shows on page one.

> Thanks for any help you can pass on.

> Lewis

How do I remove old, old, old stock prices from investment summary on page 1??

Post by <anonym.. » Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:45:46

Thanks Glyn for your help.

It did what I wanted, with one exception.  It removed the
old, old price quotes from My Money Home Page, it kept the
old purchase investments in the proper accounts.  However,
it did change the 'Annual Return' numbers for those proper
accounts.

Do you know why the annual rate of return would change, if
the old purchases are still in the account and all I did
was remove the price quotes by 'deleting this investment'??

Lewis

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=98 might do it. I'm not
sure which page 1
>is, but this mechanism might do so. Take a file backup

before you start if
Quote:>in any doubt.

>--
>Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
>http://money.mvps.org

>Check

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
Quote:>for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your
wishes or
>suggestions, use

>or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
especially
>if it's a UK specific wish.

>I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money

message

>>I have sold a mutual fund over 2 years ago and I noticed
>> that   its latest price still shows up on page one under
>> the Investment Summary section.  Does anyone know how I can
>> get this mutual fund price off of this list??  I sold all
>> of its shares and the mutual fund account has a $0.00
>> value, yet the fund price still shows on page one.

>> Thanks for any help you can pass on.

>> Lewis

>.

How do I remove old, old, old stock prices from investment summary on page 1??

Post by Glyn Simpson, MV » Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:58:45

Sorry, i'm not sure about that, unless there needs to be some data to allow
it to average out over years (for example a starting and ending price for
the years), which I know sounds unecessary, but you never know :-).

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

> Thanks Glyn for your help.

> It did what I wanted, with one exception.  It removed the
> old, old price quotes from My Money Home Page, it kept the
> old purchase investments in the proper accounts.  However,
> it did change the 'Annual Return' numbers for those proper
> accounts.

> Do you know why the annual rate of return would change, if
> the old purchases are still in the account and all I did
> was remove the price quotes by 'deleting this investment'??

> Lewis

1. No way to remove old investments from price update list

I have several mutual funds that I got out of more than a
year ago, yet whenever I update the price of my current
investments, these old one still appear on the list of
funds.  They do not get updated online, but there does
not seem to be a way to delete them from the list.  Has
anyone else noticed this or figured out a way to delete
them?

2. AD over non-Win2K IPSec VPN

3. Investment Summary - Old Investments

4. Any newsreader apps for the Palm-PC?

5. Remove old stock transactions

6. POP3 connector problems

7. Removing old Investment from drop down field.

8. Reports

9. Price update on "old" stocks

10. Remove old "Pay-To" entries Money 2005

11. Remove old Money Program

12. removing old money

13. Remove OLD STORED DATA