Money 2004: transaction dates off by one day when downloaded

Money 2004: transaction dates off by one day when downloaded

Post by Nick » Sat, 04 Oct 2003 05:12:03

For some of my accounts, when I download transactions, the
dates in Money are one day earlier than the dates from my
financial institution. Is there any way to correct this?

I looked into it a bit and think I have discovered the
cause, but I have no idea how to fix it. I found one of
the temporary internet files used to download transactions
for one of the accounts and opened it up in notepad.
Inside it, the dates for the transaction look as if they
were formed as <date><time zone> -- no actual "time"
appeared. The date portion matches what the financial
institution says. It looks as if Money is assuming
a "time" of midnight (since no time was actually given)
and is then converting from the time zone of the
transaction (e.g., East Coast) to my time zone (West
Coast), thus coming up with a date one day earlier
(Midnight, 10/1/2003 on the East Coast is 9 PM, 9/30/2003
on the West Coast).

Post by Cal Learner-- M » Sat, 04 Oct 2003 05:30:31

>For some of my accounts, when I download transactions, the
>dates in Money are one day earlier than the dates from my
>financial institution. Is there any way to correct this?

>I looked into it a bit and think I have discovered the
>cause, but I have no idea how to fix it. I found one of
>the temporary internet files used to download transactions
>for one of the accounts and opened it up in notepad.
>Inside it, the dates for the transaction look as if they
>were formed as <date><time zone> -- no actual "time"
>appeared. The date portion matches what the financial
>institution says. It looks as if Money is assuming
>a "time" of midnight (since no time was actually given)
>and is then converting from the time zone of the
>transaction (e.g., East Coast) to my time zone (West
>Coast), thus coming up with a date one day earlier
>(Midnight, 10/1/2003 on the East Coast is 9 PM, 9/30/2003
>on the West Coast).

The ways of fixing it include

1. Lobby your FI to fix it. Suggest they read 3.2.8.4 Time Zone
Issues in the OFX specs.

2 Change FI.

3. Change the timezone on your computer before downloading and
restore it after reading the transactions.

1. My stock transaction date is off 1 day

I just installed the trial version of MSMoney 2004.  I downloaded my
data from my broker, but almost all the transaction dates in MSM are
listed in the Capital Gains Report as the day before the actual
transaction.  I say almost all, because some are correct.

I also bought and installed Quicken (i'm gonna return it though) and
it has all the dates listed correctly.

Any idea how i can fix this??

ron

Please insert an E between the n & t, to reply via email.

2. How to get English typeface from a truetype font.

3. Money 2004: Wrong Dates for Downloaded Transactions

4. Cisco 678 DSL and PlayStation 2 Adapter

5. Money 2004 - Transaction Date in Downloaded Statement Entries

6. dos sector editor

7. Glitch in "today's date" has me off by a day

8. timings model

9. Wrong dates on First USA Visa (-1 day)

10. Groundhog Day for Downloads? Money 2004

11. download the Credit Card transaction date not the the posting date

12. Download transaction date overwriting my date.

13. Transaction dates a day early