Exclude closed a/c in net worth in monthly report

Exclude closed a/c in net worth in monthly report

Post by Dave » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 18:21:01

I have Money 2001 and have a problem with the monthly
reports and the 'net worth' section.  It is displaying a
graph which includes data from closed accounts.  If I
right click on the net worth graph and zoom in, then
choose customise, I can see that it is including closed
accounts in the data it is using to calculate my net worth
over time.  How can I get the monthly report to ignore
closed accounts?

Exclude closed a/c in net worth in monthly report

Post by Bonnie Synhorst, MV » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 21:00:31

The monthly reports are not able to be customized, so there is unfortunately
nothing you can do about this.

Quote:> I have Money 2001 and have a problem with the monthly
> reports and the 'net worth' section.  It is displaying a
> graph which includes data from closed accounts.  If I
> right click on the net worth graph and zoom in, then
> choose customise, I can see that it is including closed
> accounts in the data it is using to calculate my net worth
> over time.  How can I get the monthly report to ignore
> closed accounts?

Exclude closed a/c in net worth in monthly report

Post by Tagma » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 23:08:52

Out of curosity - why would you want to exclude closed accounts when
calculating your net worth over time?

Just because the account is currently closed - at one time in the past it
did have a balance, and should be included in your prior period net worth
analysis.  (I'm also assuming that the account balance was zero when the
account was closed).

Quote:> I have Money 2001 and have a problem with the monthly
> reports and the 'net worth' section.  It is displaying a
> graph which includes data from closed accounts.  If I
> right click on the net worth graph and zoom in, then
> choose customise, I can see that it is including closed
> accounts in the data it is using to calculate my net worth
> over time.  How can I get the monthly report to ignore
> closed accounts?

Exclude closed a/c in net worth in monthly report

Post by Dave » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 08:30:23

I have old loan accounts that were replaced with a new one
when I changed finance.  I closed the old accounts and
created new one's (they didnt have zero balance).  I think
the only solution may be to archive out the old closed
accounts to another file leaving only the accounts that
are open.

Thanks for the reply!