Converting B shares to A Shares

Post by William Fade » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

How do I convert shares from B's to A's

Remove shares?
Sell Short?
cover short
Transfer out?

Thanks
BFader

Converting B shares to A Shares

Post by Michael Gordon - MV » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Same number of As as Bs? I'd just do a rename. If a different number, I'd do a split and then a rename.

--
Michael Gordon
MVP - Office

  How do I convert shares from B's to A's

  Remove shares?
  Sell Short?
  cover short
  Transfer out?

  Thanks
  BFader

Converting B shares to A Shares

Post by William Fade » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I'm not sure on the split idea because the shares are not the same qty's
because the qty is different (lower) from the purchases and the reinvestment qty's
so how do i rename a partial purchase and when i do a split it changes the price not the amount of shares

  Same number of As as Bs? I'd just do a rename. If a different number, I'd do a split and then a rename.

  --
  Michael Gordon
  MVP - Office

    How do I convert shares from B's to A's

    Remove shares?
    Sell Short?
    cover short
    Transfer out?

    Thanks
    BFader

Converting B shares to A Shares

Post by Dinesh Maneyapand » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have the same problem (converting class b and c shares to class a,
where the share prices are different).  Additionally, to explain in a
different way, the shares are converting on a continual basis, so many
years after the original purchase, so i can't just (split and) rename
all the old shares as suggested here.  My problem is in a 401k, so i may
be able to get away with just selling and buying, but i would hate to
have to kludge it that way.

Haven't thrown in the towel yet, but the only ideas coming to me now are
recording them as spin-off shares.  Haven't tried it yet though.  if you
figure out an answer, please let me know (on newsgroup, and by email if
possibile - remove the "spam." from my email address).

I'm told that Quicken has a "shares in" and "shares out" function that
just adds and removes shares without affecting return, taxable
transaction calculations, etc.  Don't know how that would work when you
finally sell the shares for real...how does it figure out your cost
basis?  Maybe you enter the details, but for that one transaction only
there's no affect.  Hmm.

I wonder if Money has something similar?  If I definitely can't get even
a workaround figured out in Money, I may try quicken before moving off
the Money trial version (i.e. buying it).

thanks!

dinesh

> I'm not sure on the split idea because the shares are not the same
> qty'sbecause the qty is different (lower) from the purchases and the
> reinvestment qty'sso how do i rename a partial purchase and when i do
> a split it changes the price not the amount of shares

>      as Bs? I'd just do a rename. If a different number, I'd do a
>      split and then a rename.
>      --
>      Michael Gordon
>      MVP - Office

>           message

>           convert shares from B's to A's Remove shares?Sell
>           Short?cover shortTransfer out? ThanksBFader

1. Converting Mutual fund class B shares to class A shares

During march of 2002 A.G. Edwards showed my Putnam shares
converting from class B shares to class A shares. when
this happened a new investment was created in the IRA
section of my A.G. Edwards account. The new account added
my class A shares but did not remove the class B shares.
what is the proper way to enter the movement of the class
B shares to the new investment containing the class A
shares?

2. A2091 memory addition - Has this happened to YOU?

3. B share to A share exchange

4. Finding out if a certain PID is running ?

5. Money 2000. Update share prices for Swiss shares

6. ActiveX-Controls and Events

7. conversion from class B shares to class A shares

8. share price times owned shares not displaying right

9. Money Investor not updateing share prices with current share price

10. Update share prices for unsupported share markets.

11. $ val 401k: $1/share or 1 share?

12. Converting to Ordinary shares