Tranfers between accounts

Post by Rob Copelan » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:43:57

Reposting to see if anyone else has any ideas. I'd rather not recreate my
entire file to fix this. (thanks Susan, for the suggestion!).

--------------------
Thanks for the info, Susan. My file is very big. I'd rather not have to go
through all this. Do any of the MVPs have any suggestions on this? Is there
a way to fix this without having to recreate my entire file? This worked
fine in Money 2001.

Thanks,
-Rob Copeland

> Turns out my account file was corrupted. (Create a new 'test' money file
and
> add Wells Fargo to it.  You don't need to download any transactions, just
> get the online services set up and try a transfer. If it works, your old
> file is likely corrupted.  If it doesn't work, the rest of this post is
> probably useless.)

>  Here's what I did:

> - I renamed all the First Tech accounts to something obvious like
> oldchecking, oldsavings, etc.
> - I exported each of them into files (I couldn't figure out how to do all
of
> First Tech into one file so I had to do one for checking, one for savings,
> etc.)
> - I unhooked them from online banking
> - I marked them as closed
> - I then imported all of the exported files.  Import them all at once
> instead of individually.
> - Check any all accounts for duplicates (for instance, my Discover card,
> which I normally pay out of my First Tech checking, had lots of
duplicates.

> If you file is big, this whole thing is a giant headache.  I did archive
> everything before 1/1/01 and that helped.

> BUT, it worked and I can now xfer.

> --

> Susan Dennis
> Seattle, WA
> http://susandennis.com

> > I have this same problem using XFER and Wells Fargo. I cannot transfer
> money
> > any longer and get the same error message as Susan. This worked fine in
> > Money 2001. Any ideas?

> > Thanks,
> > -Rob Copeland

> > ----------------------

> > > I don't know.  I can tell you that I have done Xfer transactions with
my
> > > bank & 02, so I don't know what could be wrong.  Maybe try to set up
> > online
> > > services again and verify that Money has matched each of the accounts
> > > correctly.

> > > --
> > > I do not work for Microsoft.

> > > savings
> > Credit
> > > wrong?
Technology
> > site

Tranfers between accounts

Post by Joe From » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:28:23

I hate me-too posts, but ... me-too.

Exact same problem, with my USBank accounts.  I went through the online
setup and I think it let me make one Xfer.  Today I tried to make another
and got the message you describe. I couldn't find anything else to try, and
since my Money file dates back to 1994 I am not anxious to try to recreate
the accounts.

> Reposting to see if anyone else has any ideas. I'd rather not recreate my
> entire file to fix this. (thanks Susan, for the suggestion!).

> --------------------
> Thanks for the info, Susan. My file is very big. I'd rather not have to go
> through all this. Do any of the MVPs have any suggestions on this? Is
there
> a way to fix this without having to recreate my entire file? This worked
> fine in Money 2001.

> Thanks,
> -Rob Copeland

> > Turns out my account file was corrupted. (Create a new 'test' money file
> and
> > add Wells Fargo to it.  You don't need to download any transactions,
just
> > get the online services set up and try a transfer. If it works, your old
> > file is likely corrupted.  If it doesn't work, the rest of this post is
> > probably useless.)

> >  Here's what I did:

> > - I renamed all the First Tech accounts to something obvious like
> > oldchecking, oldsavings, etc.
> > - I exported each of them into files (I couldn't figure out how to do
all
> of
> > First Tech into one file so I had to do one for checking, one for
savings,
> > etc.)
> > - I unhooked them from online banking
> > - I marked them as closed
> > - I then imported all of the exported files.  Import them all at once
> > instead of individually.
> > - Check any all accounts for duplicates (for instance, my Discover card,
> > which I normally pay out of my First Tech checking, had lots of
> duplicates.

> > If you file is big, this whole thing is a giant headache.  I did archive
> > everything before 1/1/01 and that helped.

> > BUT, it worked and I can now xfer.

> > --

> > Susan Dennis
> > Seattle, WA
> > http://susandennis.com

> > > I have this same problem using XFER and Wells Fargo. I cannot transfer
> > money
> > > any longer and get the same error message as Susan. This worked fine
in
> > > Money 2001. Any ideas?

> > > Thanks,
> > > -Rob Copeland

> > > ----------------------

> my
> > > online

Technology
> > > Credit
> Technology
> > > site

1. Tranfer a account balance to another account

I think you are moving the wrong direction.

1) Create the loan account.
2) Record the loan amount being deposited in, say, your checking account as
something like Other Income:Loan Principal Received.
3) Transfer the amount of the credit card balance to the credit card from
your checking account. This will reduce the balance of this liability to 0.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to combine #1 and #2 in the same step,
no matter how logical it might seem.

2. Art and all that Jazz: who will we smell after Imran solves the closed structure's jar

3. Tranfers out of budget accounts

4. color PBs

5. Have problem with tranfer money to investment account

6. MicroShop Online Shopping System (free until 3 items)

7. tranfer investment between accounts, MNY 97

8. Summer 1999 Issue of Methods & Tools

9. Tranferring files to new computer?

10. showing tranfers in a report

11. Tranfer files from earlier version