Can't use new banks previously not in 2004 for auto downloads

Can't use new banks previously not in 2004 for auto downloads

Post by ashwilliam » Thu, 21 Oct 2004 03:47:06

I use National City and they are now listed in the banks for online services.
 I try to setup online services for my account and when I select them out of
the list it starts downloading something but ultimately says account setup or
online setup is unavailable and to try again later.  Is this the Yodlee
problem people keep speaking about?

Can't use new banks previously not in 2004 for auto downloads

Post by ashwilliam » Thu, 21 Oct 2004 03:47:06

I use National City and they are now listed in the banks for online services.
 I try to setup online services for my account and when I select them out of
the list it starts downloading something but ultimately says account setup or
online setup is unavailable and to try again later.  Is this the Yodlee
problem people keep speaking about?

Can't use new banks previously not in 2004 for auto downloads

Post by Capskinwi » Thu, 21 Oct 2004 03:51:05

Yeah, I think it is.  I have their credit card services and am having the
same problem.  It did download initially but there were some problems with it
so I think they have completely shut it down for now.

> I use National City and they are now listed in the banks for online services.
>  I try to setup online services for my account and when I select them out of
> the list it starts downloading something but ultimately says account setup or
> online setup is unavailable and to try again later.  Is this the Yodlee
> problem people keep speaking about?

1. Using Money 2004 and auto categorizing downloaded transactions???

I received Money 2004 on a new laptop that I bought.

All I want to do with it is download all my account transactions from Bank of
America, pull them into Money, and have everything autocategorize based on the
name so I can easily see 'where the money goes' , ie mortgage, bills,
entertainment, etc.

I can't see any easy way to do this.

I can download and import data fine from BOA.  The problem is that each
transaction has a date encoded in the payee such as LOWES 0212 or LOWES 0215 so
that EVERY TRANSACTION to the same payee is treated as a different payee.

I found some rudimentary filtering in the payee rules dialog, but it is very
weak in that it cannot filter numeric data, only specific strings.  If it had
regular expression exclusions, for example, I could easily create a regexp to
remove any sequence of 4 digits surrounded by space...

So here are the problems:

1) Money doesn't seem to have a facility to autocategorize based on payee name.
I should be able to set a default category for each payee in the payee details
screen (for example, DIRECTTV is assigned Bills:Cable/Satellite ), and apply
that to ALL transactions to the payee.

2) Why the heck can't I select more than one transaction to assign a category?
for example, if I could CTRL-click to select ALL of the transactions to
DIRECTTV, I could assign the Bills:Cable/Satellite category to all of them in
one shot, but NO I can't do this.

3) I can't see all of the transactions to the same payee anyway because of the
date string problem!  Double clicking on DIRECTV 0210 just shows that one
payment, and not all DIRECTTV payments.

If I am totally missing the boat here then please let me know.  But I could not
figure out a way to solve any of the above problems.

Can anyone recommend a different product that actually has some decent filtering
capability, and works the way it should with online account data?

2. 4x cd-rom for AWE-32

3. Money 2004 Premium - 'cleared so far' not appearing in bank reconciliation

4. IPAQ 3850 pin adapter

5. Bank Of America does not support auto downloads?

6. Sync HP 200LX with Palm Vx

7. Money 2004/2005 Can't download bank statements

8. Screen Saver 5 Screen Blanker 2.3 - Memory use?

9. Can't download bank account activitiy to a new account

10. Money 2004 does not see downloaded bank statement...

11. 2004 Bank downloads not posting

12. quotes not auto updating in money 2004

13. Money 2003/2004 downloaded balances don't download