Restoring Money after system crash???

Post by FISH » Thu, 04 May 2006 03:27:34

Hello all,

My system crashed on me a couple weeks ago and I'm still trying to get my
old Money files back up and running on my new system. I'm using Money 2005
(version 14.0.50.1105 / Microsoft Money 2005 Standard OEM Edition)

The back up data I need is in two parts:

1.) I backed up my Money files from time to time using the default back up
feature (when you close the program is gives you the option to back up to a
floppy). This back up floppy had most of the data on it and I was able (with
the help of some people on this newsgroup) to get that data back into my new
system running Money.

2.) The data that was recovered from my system crash has some more recent
Money files that I need to get back also. This is where my question comes
in. I had to get my data recovered after the system crash and got a disc
back with over 600 random Money files. How would I go about getting the
Money files on this recovery disc back???

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

Restoring Money after system crash???

Post by FISH » Thu, 04 May 2006 07:33:01

If it helps, the file types on the disc with the recovered data (for Money
2005) are:

ocx

aw

exe

dll

bmp

css

cf

chm

ini

dat

dtd

cif

gif

hta

htm

ico

jpg

js

mar

mdw

scv

mny (only one titled sample.mny)

inf

swf

tbl

log

txt

wav

xml

xsl

xtr

Quote:> Hello all,

Post by Cal Learner-- MV » Thu, 04 May 2006 08:41:12

>If it helps, the file types on the disc with the recovered data (for Money
>2005) are:

<snip>

>mny (only one titled sample.mny)

Ouch. The files you want would be type mny and mbf. Sample.mny is
provided by Money as a test file, and it will not have your info in
it.

Based on your information, the outlook is beak.