Money backup password help

Post by Scot » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 02:55:44

I have recently tried to move where I do my bills from my home to my office.

I have both tried to save a Money backup file to disc, as well as email it
to myself, however when I try to open the backup file at my office I must
enter a password to access the file.

No where in my home account have I entered a password needed to access any
files, nor do I see an option to do so.

My operating system at home is XP and the one at the office is 98, so I'm
hoping that's not the problem.

Considering the above, does MS Money automatically attach a password needed
to access backup files, and if so; How do I find out what it is?

Thank you for any help!

Scott
bills piling up

Money backup password help

Post by Cal Learner-- MV » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 03:00:34

>I have recently tried to move where I do my bills from my home to my office.

>I have both tried to save a Money backup file to disc, as well as email it
>to myself, however when I try to open the backup file at my office I must
>enter a password to access the file.

>No where in my home account have I entered a password needed to access any
>files, nor do I see an option to do so.

>My operating system at home is XP and the one at the office is 98, so I'm
>hoping that's not the problem.

>Considering the above, does MS Money automatically attach a password needed
>to access backup files, and if so; How do I find out what it is?

An older version of Money can give that Password error message when
you try to open a file created by an older version of Money in a
newer version. If you want to pass files back and forth between home
and office, both sides will need to have the same vintage of Money.

Money backup password help

Post by Cal Learner-- MV » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 03:11:23

Quote:

>An older version of Money can give that Password error message when
>you try to open a file created by an older version of Money in a
>newer version. If you want to pass files back and forth between home
>and office, both sides will need to have the same vintage of Money.

I said that backwards.

An older version of Money can give that Password error message when
you try to open a file created by a newer version of Money.

Money backup password help

Post by Dick Watso » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 06:18:07

What Help|About version is reported by both installations?

Quote:> I have recently tried to move where I do my bills from my home to my

Post by Scot » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:34:50

> >An older version of Money can give that Password error message when
> >you try to open a file created by an older version of Money in a
> >newer version. If you want to pass files back and forth between home
> >and office, both sides will need to have the same vintage of Money.

> I said that backwards.

> An older version of Money can give that Password error message when
> you try to open a file created by a newer version of Money.

Thank you *so* much.

I didn't realize I was even using two separate versions as both computers
were bought at relatively the same time.  (I refused to let go of my 98
cause I can manipulate it a little easier and in XP I'm lost.)

I reinstalled the older version on this computer and everything is now
working fine.

Thanks again!

Scott

Money backup password help

Post by Cal Learner-- MV » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:47:38

>I didn't realize I was even using two separate versions as both computers
>were bought at relatively the same time.  (I refused to let go of my 98
>cause I can manipulate it a little easier and in XP I'm lost.)

You might feel more at home in XP if you click
Start->Settings->TaskbarAndStartMenu->StartMenu->ClassicStartMenu
Then right-click an empty spot on your desktop and for Themes and
Appearance tabs you choose Windows Classic.

Quote:

>I reinstalled the older version on this computer and everything is now
>working fine.

I'm glad it-s working.

1. Help with Corrupt Backup Money Backup File

I have a corrupt money backup file.  I do not have the
original .mny file to work with either.  Is there any way
to either - A.  Restore or repair the backup file, or B.
Open the Money backup file and look at the raw data?

Thank you for any help.

Gerry

2. linksys 4 port v 1.34 - befsr_v134.zip (2/2)

3. Password and Backup Problems With Money

4. How to Link/Import Money 99 Data Into Access 97?

5. password on Money backup files

6. GVP GForce pricing

7. backup w/o password?

8. StretchBlt failure on Win98???

9. Backup Restore Password Not Accepted

10. Wrong Password on Backup File

11. password on backup

12. Password required for restoring backup?

13. My BackUp wants a password...but I don't use one...